Home General Discussion

Mrs. Claus

Well yesterday at my sister-in-laws my wife went to the B&M to get me a smoke for the party. She came back with an Anejo #50, which I love. Then this morning I realize there is something in my stocking and there wassn't last night. Thinking it's left over from last year I peek in. There it is a Hemingway Between the lines and a short story.

I love that lady.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comments

• MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    I found a GOF in my stocking as well. The wife sure did surpise me.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    sweet guys. my wife doesn't know what a gof is let a lone any other cigar from each other.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    my wife went to the B&M and after showing her a couple different things, remembered her from last year and knows she's married to me and immediately pulled out an Anejo and said, "this is the one". she doesn't know I picked up an Anejo 60 already. then I got $60 to the same B&M so woohoo.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    My dad has been a cigar guy for going on 30 years, but only ever buys stuff at the B&M. Apparently he called Tim up though, and got set up with a box of Lost City Toros for me. Holy crap, right?
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Holy balls doc
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    phobicsquirrel:
    sweet guys. my wife doesn't know what a gof is let a lone any other cigar from each other.
    +1. Nice hauls fellas!

• phobicsquirrel:
    My wife doesn't either, but she got me a nice leather 2 finger case. I give her kudos for that :)
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    sirfoster83:
    Well yesterday at my sister-in-laws my wife went to the B&M to get me a smoke for the party. She came back with an Anejo #50, which I love. Then this morning I realize there is something in my stocking and there wassn't last night. Thinking it's left over from last year I peek in. There it is a Hemingway Between the lines and a short story.

I love that lady.

Merry Christmas everyone!
    I've got a great wife but if I threw a hint about a Hemingway or short story I'd end up with The Sun Also Rises, The Old Man and the Sea, or a Poe book.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    My wife didn't get me any sticks, but my mom came thru with a box of Kristoff Maduros.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    t_evan50:
    My wife didn't get me any sticks, but my mom came thru with a box of Kristoff Maduros.
    DAMN!! lucky bro!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    dennisking:
    Holy balls doc
    I can't be certain, but I'm fairly sure that when I tore the wrapping paper off, I pretty much said "Holy balls, Pop. This is f*cking unreal." I may be one to spend a disproportionate amount of money on cigars that I smoke (seriously, my checking account, and credit card statements at any given time are basically lists of various B&Ms and other Cigar retailers, and then very small numbers listed under "balance" heh), but I will never, at least in the forseeable future, be in a financial position to buy Fuente Aged Selection stuff by the box, instead of singles. Christmas is about some pretty... um... blessed events, well aside from Jesus and what not, I am blessed to be the spawn of several generations of cigar enthusiasts. My old man is THE man.

Sir Foster, I only hope that one day, if I ever find the right woman to settle down with, she takes enough of an interest, or at least gains enough understanding, in/of my cigar fanatacism to do awesome stuff like that. You guys with wives like those are lucky bastards. Marry Christmas everyone!