Home General Discussion
Options

New Product Announcement

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Be on the lookout in Spring of 2010 for a small production line called Man O War Shaggy. People keep asking for cult size and this is it at a 5 x 42 corona. It will have a wrapper that tucks over the foot and flagged head. Blend will be medium to full to full depending on your palate in come in little sleeve style boxes of 10. Not sure I have the info yet on pricing but will keep you guys posted. Should be March/ Arpril. Aj is starting with 1000 boxes. I just got some samples in the mail from AJ and had a call with him. Very tasty. If I didnt already burn the damn things I would have included a pic.

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    What kinda flavors are you picking up in this one?
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    OMG! I'm literally drooling in anticipation! Very excited for this. Thanks for giving us a heads up Alex!!
  • Options
    Sounds great. Thanks for the heads up
  • Options
    VERY excited to try this! How did the wrapper look?
    Any other AJ Blend that tastes similar?

Despite the excellent description u gave, I keep thinking about the LaFlorDominica Chisel(s)
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    OMG want.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    any idea on pricing Sir?
  • Options
    Unique, not like the other man O Wars and not like the Diesels either but in the same ball park in terms of body and richness. I got lots of leather and the size gave it some interesting complexity with some competing spicy flavors and some subtle nut tones. Not sure on pricing yet. Boxes of 10 is all I know for sure. Since it is MOW it wont be overly cheap but wont be overly expensive either. I would imagine you will be able to get boxes under $60 and on deal perhaps cheaper than that. That is just an assumption though, dont take it to the bank. Will be less than the ruination me thinks.
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Sounds great I love the smaller ring gauges! What kind of wrapper will he be using on this one?
  • Options
    Looks like habano Esteli sun grown but I will have to ask AJ
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Killer! I hope your right, I love habano wrappers! Thanks for the info Alex!!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd love to see something like this in a 50 count cab. Depending on the demand, do you think that's something AJ could be talked into Alex?
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Be on the lookout in Spring of 2010 for a small production line called Man O War Shaggy. People keep asking for cult size and this is it at a 5 x 42 corona. It will have a wrapper that tucks over the foot and flagged head. Blend will be medium to full to full depending on your palate in come in little sleeve style boxes of 10. Not sure I have the info yet on pricing but will keep you guys posted. Should be March/ Arpril. Aj is starting with 1000 boxes. I just got some samples in the mail from AJ and had a call with him. Very tasty. If I didnt already burn the damn things I would have included a pic.
    Am I going to have to go back in my time machine to get this? Ok I'm a wise ass!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I'd love to see something like this in a 50 count cab. Depending on the demand, do you think that's something AJ could be talked into Alex?
    I am sure that is on the table but would be down the line. In the end I think the per stick box price in a 10 and cab would be the same similar to how the cubans do it and they wanted to roll it out in a box of 10 because of the attractive price point. That said, I am with you on a 50 ct cab from a convenience factor. I think I will make light work of about ten of those boxes when they come out. Especially if they were as tasty as these samples.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Hello.
    MOW Ruination or Armada lancero.
    Thanks
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    YAY another MOW family member, sounds like a great addition.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Nice. This sounds like the MOW for me. I like closed feet, and this slightly smaller format is MUCH more to my preference! Can't wait!
  • Options
    man this seems great i cant wait to pick up one of these boxes
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I love all things MOW Looks like I will be able to afford this one unlike the Armada
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    its good to see smaller rings in this "larger ring gauges are better" market trend.

i really wish there were more lonesdales in this world.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Nice. This sounds like the MOW for me. I like closed feet, and this slightly smaller format is MUCH more to my preference! Can't wait!
    A shaggy isn't a closed foot dude... If anything, it's a more open foot.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Does this mean the wrapper covers the part where you light it? How would you go about lighting that?
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    A well known shaggy. You light it essentially the same as any other cigar, but the shaggy end actually makes it easier to light: image
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hays:
    docbp87:
    Don't forget the Tat Black that is a shaggy but it's the wrapper, not the filler and binder that covers the foot, essentially a closed foot.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    its good to see smaller rings in this "larger ring gauges are better" market trend.

i really wish there were more lonesdales in this world.
    I think the popularity of the Dirty Rat is going to help bring back some smaller RG smokes.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    dennisking:
    Hays:
    docbp87:
    Don't forget the Tat Black that is a shaggy but it's the wrapper, not the filler and binder that covers the foot, essentially a closed foot.
    Isn't this the case with the Camacho PE as well? I think I heard that somewhere, but I may be mistaken.
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    dennisking:
    Hays:
    docbp87:
    Isn't this the case with the Camacho PE as well? I think I heard that somewhere, but I may be mistaken.
    Yes same as Camacho PE in both cap (head) and foot style. Shaggy is most often associated with cigars where the filler and binder protrude from the foot however, like it was mentioned it is used interchangeably where the wrapper covers the foot. I think people started using the term for both since there really wast a good word for when the wrapper covers the foot. I tend to actually like the extra wrapper style more vs the extra filler version. For me, getting the taste of the wrapper tobacco by itself upon lighting the cigar is very insightful into the flavors that are coming up once the who cigar starts burning. Just my preference though.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Hays:
    docbp87:
    Like Alex said, the wrapper is the "shaggy" part on this cigar. The wrapper "tucks over the foot and flagged head".
  • Options
    DynaguyDynaguy Posts: 51
    Looking forward to these for sure.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    ejenne87:
    dennisking:
    Hays:
    docbp87:
    Yes same as Camacho PE in both cap (head) and foot style. Shaggy is most often associated with cigars where the filler and binder protrude from the foot however, like it was mentioned it is used interchangeably where the wrapper covers the foot. I think people started using the term for both since there really wast a good word for when the wrapper covers the foot. I tend to actually like the extra wrapper style more vs the extra filler version. For me, getting the taste of the wrapper tobacco by itself upon lighting the cigar is very insightful into the flavors that are coming up once the who cigar starts burning. Just my preference though.
    i think a great part of the Tat Black experience is the wrapper flavor right from the start. It's a nice piture of things to come. the other side to this story is when the filler and binder are exposed, it gives a great flavor transition to when the wrapper comes in to play. it really lets you know how much that wrapper adds to the whole experience. you really don't know how much one leaf can affect flavor until you smoke a shaggy.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    ha, this is awesome. Can't wait till these things come in.