Home General Discussion
Options

This Week

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Well...I am on vacation all week...my wife will be at work, kids will be in school...and for a few days I will be home alone...(insert joke here) I plan on smoking numerous cigars and having lunch with a buddy of mine...he has agreed to go to Tobacco World with me and try a cigar, he doesn't know it yet...but his path to the darkside is almost complete. Anyways...I think on Tuesday (first day back for the kids) I am going to go to the local Cigar Bar and smoke one of my MoW Armadas to kick off my vacation in a good way!

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Nice sounds like fun, enjoy!
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I love stay-cations.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I start my stay-cation next week too. I'll be off from Jan 3rd - Jan 24th. And considering I got an XBOX 360 for Christmas, it's gonna be very mindnumbing, indeed......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    You lucky ba#*#rd!! I had a weekend without wife and kids last weekend (weekend before Christmas), but had a bunch of work/errands to run. Still managed to fit 4 sticks into the weekend. I can only imagine the cigar induced coma i would smoke myself into during a week alone.
  • Options
    Heavy:
    You lucky ba#*#rd!! I had a weekend without wife and kids last weekend (weekend before Christmas), but had a bunch of work/errands to run. Still managed to fit 4 sticks into the weekend. I can only imagine the cigar induced coma i would smoke myself into during a week alone.
    i know what you mean, I'm looking forward to it!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Im in a similar situation except for one BIG differece. The wife and kids are also home on vacation! So no man time for me!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I'm off Wed-Fri this week but will have the kids. I'm trying to get someone to watch them for a couple hours on Thursday so I can run to the B&M. If I told you the last time I had a cigar, you'd slap me. As for the weekend, we're heading to visit my brother and his family for New Year's and considering my 1.5 year old niece bought be some nice stick for X-Mas it will be a great excuse to step out for a stick. My daughters got my brother some nice sticks too so I feel we owe it to the kids. I'm still trying to figure out how a 5, 2, and 1 year old bought such nice cigars?!?! ;)
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    I start my stay-cation next week too. I'll be off from Jan 3rd - Jan 24th. And considering I got an XBOX 360 for Christmas, it's gonna be very mindnumbing, indeed......
    I can't seem to make myself buy a 360...I could buy a couple boxes of cigars for that price, not to mention the time spent playing the thing I'd rather be spending smoking with some buddies!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    undulac:
    I'm off Wed-Fri this week but will have the kids. I'm trying to get someone to watch them for a couple hours on Thursday so I can run to the B&M. If I told you the last time I had a cigar, you'd slap me. As for the weekend, we're heading to visit my brother and his family for New Year's and considering my 1.5 year old niece bought be some nice stick for X-Mas it will be a great excuse to step out for a stick. My daughters got my brother some nice sticks too so I feel we owe it to the kids. I'm still trying to figure out how a 5, 2, and 1 year old bought such nice cigars?!?! ;)
    Sweet, hope you enjoy them! which ones did they get you??

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    The kids are off but am planning to meet up with Goldy on Thursday night, and it can't get here fast enough!
  • Options
    Krieg:
    undulac:
    She (my brother) got me the Astral Vintage '96 Tubo Sampler. I never really heard of the name before. They seem to make a variety of sticks and most appear to be value cigars and this must be their higher end. I normally wouldn't purchase something like this since I'm not the biggest mild/connie fan but I'm looking forward to a change of pace, especially since it's been so long without a cigar.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    Krieg:
    undulac:
    She (my brother) got me the Astral Vintage '96 Tubo Sampler. I never really heard of the name before. They seem to make a variety of sticks and most appear to be value cigars and this must be their higher end. I normally wouldn't purchase something like this since I'm not the biggest mild/connie fan but I'm looking forward to a change of pace, especially since it's been so long without a cigar.
    ... I remember a time when Astral was a 10 buck stick. (mid 90's). I had a few but was really a novice at the time so I can't say what kind of experience you can expect.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    undulac:
    Krieg:
    undulac:
    ... I remember a time when Astral was a 10 buck stick. (mid 90's). I had a few but was really a novice at the time so I can't say what kind of experience you can expect.
    With the discount from getting the sampler, they came out to be a little over $6 per stick. It comes in a great looking box (very heavy) and each is in their own glass tube, so the presentation is perfect. Again, I'm not the biggest connie fan but after having my first Virtue, it this cigar is half as good as that, I'll be happy.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    sirfoster83:
    The kids are off but am planning to meet up with Goldy on Thursday night, and it can't get here fast enough!
    I was thinking the same thing.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    lilwing88:
    I can't seem to make myself buy a 360...I could buy a couple boxes of cigars for that price, not to mention the time spent playing the thing I'd rather be spending smoking with some buddies!
    We got it for the kids! LOL! ;-)

The only time I have to play, I couldn't be smoking anyways..... Early in the morning when the kids are at school or during their nap. Or late at night when I get home from work. I'm not one of those play-for-five-hours-straight kinda guys. But if I had the time I might! LOL!

The Kinect is really cool. My 4-year-old tried it a couple times and is a pro already!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Krieg:
    lilwing88:
    We got it for the kids! LOL! ;-)

The only time I have to play, I couldn't be smoking anyways..... Early in the morning when the kids are at school or during their nap. Or late at night when I get home from work. I'm not one of those play-for-five-hours-straight kinda guys. But if I had the time I might! LOL!

The Kinect is really cool. My 4-year-old tried it a couple times and is a pro already!
    lol, "for the kids" I've heard that before.... :) jk! I went to the cigar bar today and had a couple of beers and smoked a RP 1961 Torpedo. It was pretty good, got me a little buzzed....or maybe that was the beer.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    My friends journey to the dark side is now complete thanks to me. He ordered his 100ct humidor, beads, digital hydro today ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    My friends journey to the dark side is now complete thanks to me. He ordered his 100ct humidor, beads, digital hydro today ;)
    YAY another good day for the hobby.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Job!!