Home General Discussion
Options

Custom Humidor?

Anyone build their own Humidor? I keep thinking to myself that once my 50 count humidor is full maybe a custom one should be in order?

Thanks for your responses!

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    check THIS out.

all you need to know is within...

his website is www.waxingmoonwood.com
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    kuzi16:
    check THIS out.

all you need to know is within...

his website is www.waxingmoonwood.com
    ^ What he said
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Thanks for the link!

Has anyone on the forum that is not a professional build one?

I plan on building a nice entertainment center for the house and was thinking how nice it would be to incorporate the humidor into it, considering it is becoming my main entertainment.

• Options
    I think it's been attempted, though I don't know how well it's turned out. Search around the forums; I think one guy built a humidor into his wall and it came out pretty nice. Though really all a humidor is is just a box that keeps humidity in, but isn't airtight, allowing cigars to breathe a bit; if you know what you're doing, you could probably do it

But if you're looking for something bigger than a typical humidor, WaxingMoon's done humidors the size of dressers before, and his stuff is really top-notch quality at a really low price - just an FYI. He's really good about working with a buyer to stay within their price range, so you may wanna get an estimate from him
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up, I will have to pm him for some more information when the time comes.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i was thinking of doing some sort of custom humidor a while back.
    it came down to me not having the time, money, or tools.

there is plenty of good info out there though. you may want to check out a woodworking forum as well.
  • Options
    WaxingMoon doesn't answer PM's, I think - you gotta go to his site, Kuzi posted the link, and fill out an estimate forum (takes about 5 minutes)
  • Options
    Thanks for the information, I will check out the site.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    It would be cool to convert a closet into a walk in humi.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Didn't someone here make a in wall humi?
  • Options
    NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    Love the look of waxingmoon humidors, but im in NJ and the temp. changes drastically from winter to summer and I need temp control. I have a converted edgestar I use which has been doing its job well since around June this year.
  • Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    Goldy:
    Didn't someone here make a in wall humi?
    YES SIR, MY FIL MADE ME ONE. HERE MAN. my fil never built one b4, but hes a perfectionist. my humidity is always spot on, my smokes are perfect. http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/183060.aspx
  • Options
    That is nice!!! I was thinking something very similar but it will be part of my entertainment wall unit.

• Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    its alot of work. theres no seals just step mill work w/ a nice snug fit. took him 3mths i think. solid oak joined and all lined w/ spanish cedar. led strip lights along edge w/ dimmer and remote control.
    nikostewart:
    That is nice!!! I was thinking something very similar but it will be part of my entertainment wall unit.