Home General Discussion
Options

Newbie here

So whats goin on everyone. Im not to good at intro's but here it goes. My name's Josh, i'm 23, and I have just recently picked up another habbit of smoking cigars. I enjoyed my first cigar at a local cigar lounge (Tinder Box, i think its nationwide), and have been hooked. I immediatlyey rushed home and ordered a 5 Vegas sampler, as well as a small humidor. So far, I just cant get enough. I've since smoked one of the 5 Vegas pack (I believe it was a 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo), as well as a Camacho Triple Maduro (which burned the living sh*t outta my throat).  Im really enjoing the experience of spending time outside, and burning a long smooth one.

So now comes down to the reason why I joined the Cigar.com forum. Really, I need more information. I lurked the forums for a while, and you guys all seem like a smart bunch. I hope you can lead a young, smart cigar smoker in the right direction.

-Josh
-Remember! Always smoke in moderation. Only one at a time!

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    burned your throat eh? if you inhale youll have that. i reccomend that you dont inhale.

thanks. we ARE a smart bunch. i hope we wont lead you a stray.
    welcome aboard!
  • Options
    z3roz3ro Posts: 20
    lol, im not that much of a newbie. it was just really really strong
  • Options
    camacho is known for their strong cigars!
  • Options
    pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    !
  • Options
    pilot711:
    Welcome aboard! This is a good bunch of guys. I'm sure you can most if not all your questions answered here.
    if they can all be answered........ whats the meaning of life? lol just kiddin ya
  • Options
    pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    z3ro:
    pilot711:
    Welcome aboard! This is a good bunch of guys. I'm sure you can get most if not all your questions answered here.
    if they can all be answered........ whats the meaning of life? lol just kiddin ya
    The meaning of life generally refers to a concept concerning the possible purpose and significance that may be attributed to human life. It has been the subject of much philosophical, scientific and theological speculation, and there is a huge variety of views concerning this philosophical problem :>
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Rookie, Ask people what they like. Your smoke shop, search online for mild smokes, if you order online call the shop and talk with the advisors. Dominican cigars tend to be milder, some of my early favorites were Avo, Ashton, Vegas, and The Griffins. Also Macanudo makes some mild cigars too. Buy samplers and find out what you like. It is a never ending search.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Dominican cigars tend to be milder...
    I know im picking on you for this and that this is a hand selected example...

Arturo Fuente OpusX **** is a dominican PURO. 100% of the leaves are from the DR. This little cigar (4.6 x 48 ) is nicknamed the "power ranger" becaues of how strong it is.

this is just one example. but to be on your side a bit... the filler from the DR does tend to be on the mild side.

just remember... the country of origin is not the only factor on how strong a cigar is. other factors like if it was sun grown or shade grown... what part of the plant it is off of , and how long it was aged also have a part to play in the equasion .
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey Rookie, Ask people what they like. Your smoke shop, search online for mild smokes, if you order online call the shop and talk with the advisors. Dominican cigars tend to be milder, some of my early favorites were Avo, Ashton, Vegas, and The Griffins. Also Macanudo makes some mild cigars too. Buy samplers and find out what you like. It is a never ending search.
    ROOKIE!? lol, just messin. Yea, thats the plan right now. Lately if i have a long drive at work, ill stop at my local cigar shop and pick something at random. If i like it, go back and see what compares to that.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!! Samplers are a great way to get started and like some of these guys said, your best bet is to consider things like wrapper rather than country of origin when considering strength. It all comes down to tobacco. With the same materials which you can buy and import anywhere, you can make the cigar in any country.