Home General Discussion
Options

Coming Soon....

Thinking about putting out a "down & dirty" humidor with a great seal.... Modelled after the all too familiar foot locker.... Build it, line it... and trim it out.... What do ya'all think?

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I like that idea a lot! I have been thinking about getting a cabinet in the near future but something like this would be pretty awesome! Kinda like a coolador only way better looking.
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    That looks like a really cool idea! What will the capacity be on these?

Thanks!
  • Options
    nikostewart:
    That looks like a really cool idea! What will the capacity be on these? Thanks!
    Not real sure.... I suppose it would depend on the traywork and stuff.... but, straight dimensions would make it about....1050 count.... 33" x 14" x 16" are a foot lockers dimensions....
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    haha, thats pretty sweet. an inexpensive 1,000+ count humi will make cigar budgeting pretty difficult for alot of us. haha. Its a great idea though.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    love it.. would be hard pressed between that, and something fancy of yours.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    What kinda pricing were you figuring for this bad boy? It seems like a really great idea for a cut-and-dry, no-frills large capacity humidor.
  • Options
    We're going to build one.... will let ya know. It'll be a "base model"....
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Very cool, can't wait to see it finished.
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    When are you expecting to get started on it? and any idea when we'll see the finished work?
  • Options
    DynaguyDynaguy Posts: 51
    An idea whose time has come. I would love to replace my Coleman metal cooler with something a little nicer.
  • Options
    JY001JY001 Posts: 49
    Great idea.
  • Options
    That is really coo. I love the look and I would love to have one. If you make it, we will buy!
  • Options
    My partner, Jay....will be starting on it tomorrow.... he has some cabinet plywood left over from a job and is going to do her up....
  • Options
    WaxingMoon:
    My partner, Jay....will be starting on it tomorrow.... he has some cabinet plywood left over from a job and is going to do her up....
    I love the low key look. Can you paint it OD green? That would be awesome.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like that and would be interested in knowing a price when you finish one.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    That is really sweet ....... I'd love to see the finished piece and what the cost is.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Exactally what I have been looking for!
  • Options
    When I got down to the shop last night.... my partner, Jay... has taken this ball and is running.... This thing will be huge. Spanish Cedar already mounted on the bottom.... and he has the panels all glued up and ready to trim for the lining... Won't be long and this thing will be a humidor...

Not sure how much time Jay has in to it.... we should be able to have some pricing for this bad boy real soon....

I think this one will be painted OD Green....

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    crap... its gonna look MUCH better than my coleman brand coolerdor!

you may have a waitlist a mile long of people who want these.
  • Options
    That thing might be a lot too big for me. Any chance you could make a scaled down version? I really love the look. Maybe if the price is right, i will go for the big one and just buy more cigars :)
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    bigjohn125:
    That thing might be a lot too big for me. Any chance you could make a scaled down version? I really love the look. Maybe if the price is right, i will go for the big one and just buy more cigars :)
    No such thing as too big brother. You will fill it and not even realize what happened!
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    hahaha, man, that thing is Bad A$$. A 1000 count is pretty freaking intimidating.

I'm sure there would be some interest in a scaled down version too.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I like it and would def. be interested in one if they came slightly smaller.
  • Options
    Looks like it will be very nice....