Options

Cigar veins?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sharkey said:

@Blatalian said:
    Ok. I am still very new to cigars and one thing I keep hearing about is the amount of veins in a cigar. But it seems that everyone has a different opinion about them. So I guess my question is what is the real story behind the veins, do they even mean anything at all? I would really appreciate some clarity on this subject.

I have all issues of the first few years of Cigar Aficionado (I think I'm missing the very first issue but not sure); my wife would love it if someone would claim these however I would like a reasonable offer for them because as someone on this thread stated they weren't cheap (I would have figured The Shankster had made enough off the Wine Spectator but...guess not). Any offers?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll bid a Victor Sinclair.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I'll bid a Victor Sinclair.

You’re over bidding

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sharkey said:

@Blatalian said:
    Ok. I am still very new to cigars and one thing I keep hearing about is the amount of veins in a cigar. But it seems that everyone has a different opinion about them. So I guess my question is what is the real story behind the veins, do they even mean anything at all? I would really appreciate some clarity on this subject.

I always thought veins tend to create harshness but what brought me to this thread d was googling whether veins are good or bad. That aside, I also know toothy to mean bumpy. As another aside...I have all issues of the first few years of Cigar Aficionado (I think I'm missing the very first issue but not sure); my wife would love it if someone would claim these however I would like a reasonable offer for them because as someone on this thread stated they weren't cheap (I would have figured The Shankster had made enough off the Wine Spectator but...guess not). Any offers?

Ok you had me until "I would like a reasonable offer for them..."

To your credit, this thread does come up third in a Google search for "veiny cigars," second among forums.

Me flagging your àss is a close call, but the tie goes to the runner and you get a pass (from me).

As for your vein question, the mahogany and leather guys who smoke Connies and compare their tag watches all hate veins because they detract from what ol' Marv has portrayed as a great cigar in his mag. However, veins provide body and strength, as nicotine tends to be more concentrated in veins and stems, so the one percenters enjoy the richness from them and don't put as much stock in how photogenic the cigar is.

As for your collection sale, you'll have more success unloading your skin mags, provided that the pages aren't stuck together, than a pile of CAs. We generally don't believe the bùllshit in that publication.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

The whole “they weren’t cheap” got me lol. They used to give away free one year subscriptions in every catalog that would let them put an insert inside them.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't look ↑