Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Looking to trade...My Baccarat Churchill's (Candela) for your.......

Due do personal buying combined with gifts, I have found myself with a surplus of these cigars. I am willing to part with anywhere from 1 to 12 or 15, depending what you want and what you have. I have smoked roughly 3.5 boxes. These are a great mild smoke that lasts for a long time. I'm just ready for a change in pace.

I'm open to a variety pack made by you whether it be mild or maduro. I like the Cigar.com house blends, CAO, Punch, Juan Lopez but I would like to try some new stuff, such as 5 Vegas or ????

I would like to avoid Acid, flavored smokes or any cigar that is long with a small ring gauge such as Macanudo Portifino. 

Private Message works best or if you insist on posting below thats fine too. I know I haven't posted much here nor have done a trade before so I could send first if need be, not quite sure how all that works I have 270+ 100% feedback on e bay if that helps :)

thanks for reading.....and now I'm off to have one of those Baccarats!!

--Eric

Comments

• Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Eric, sent you a PM.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    EJS54:
    I would like to avoid ...any cigar that is long with a small ring gauge such as Macanudo Portifino.
    though i am not a big fan of that cigar i wouldnt discount small ring gauge cigars. the wrapper to filler ratio is much higher and can yield to a very flavorful smoke. the lancero size is a bit thicker and about as long and is becoming quite popular for the very reasons explained here.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I definitely second what kuzi had to say. I have found that, if given the patience required, small ring gauges have a lot to offer. By patience, I mean not puffing on it every 10 seconds, as they will heat up quickly and are a lot less forgiving than a robusto or toro.
  • Options
    EJS54EJS54 Posts: 12
    Leonard-- reply sent!

Kuzi16 & j0z3r--

I really appreciate the input (or $0.02).

One key issue that I had with the Portofino ( I think I spelled it wrong last time) was the draw. I think my ears almost popped. I don't mind a harder draw, I can live with it, but those were something else. I have had a about a half dozen that consisted of a slightly larger gauge but much shorter and have never had any issues. So, is there something out there similar to the portofino with a decent draw that you can recommend?

thanks again for the responses,

--Eric
  • Options
    That is sometimes the major failing of a smaller ring cigar, though I've had some pretty tight draws on larger rings as well. I can't speak to the Portofino, as I've never had one, but some nice, smaller ring cigars I'd recommend are the Carlos Toraño 1916 corona, Cusano P1 corona, and the La Aurora 1495 cameroon 1994 which only comes in a corona. All of those are, in my opinion, some pretty good cigars that sport smaller ring sizes.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    See also the Rocky Patel Fusion dbl. maduro lancero, the Oliva Serie V lancero, and the AF Don Carlos No.3, just to name a few. However, I doubt any of those are similar to the Portofino (which I also haven't had).
  • Options
    How could I forget the DC #3 and the Oliva V lanc? Duh...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the hard draw on that particular cigar must have been bad. Back when i was first getting into cigars i got one of those simply because i thought the tube was cool and another was gifted to me by a friend. neither had a hard draw.

suggestions... hmmm
    the Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 is a good cigar. not to expensive either. it wont knock your socks off but i still buy them.