Home General Discussion

Aging

As I start to grow my collection the question comes up as to what is the ideal length of time to age a cigar in my humi. I am assuming that eventually there will be diminishing returns.  Also what are the factors that one should consider.  Thanks for the education!

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Here is some good info in another thread CLICK ME
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

and another link here: CLICK

• nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Great links! Always learning something new!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

Kuzi... Would you believe that this exact link/thread was the way I found this Site almost three years ago. It was the first thread I ever read here.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:

Kuzi... Would you believe that this exact link/thread was the way I found this Site almost three years ago. It was the first thread I ever read here.
    seriously?

what were you searching for?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:

seriously?

what were you searching for?
    I searched the words.. twenty year old cuban, after reading about a box of cigars that sold for 10,000 dollars. and this thread came up, along with the witty reply from another member here about how they would like to have a twenty three year old Korean. That was while ago.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    always good to see these posts, helps to have refreshers :)
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I've found aging is like a hobby within the hobby. Also found that I can make a good cigar great but won't make a bad cigar good...
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Ahhh the old aging question. Many an argument have been had over this subject.

Seriously though read the threads listed above. My opinions are in there as well.
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Holy crap maduro is back.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Back Again ....