Home Non Cigar Related
Options

It's now 2011...

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
And by the end of this week, the 111th Congress will be nothing but an abomination to be analyzed in the history books and paid for by your grandchildren. This 111th Congress began in January 2009, with Democrat majorities in both houses. Princess Pelosi led the helm in the House. Think about this ..... in less than 48 hours, Nancy Pelosi will no longer be 3rd in line for the presidency. Now THAT gives you something to celebrate. But the damage her Congress has done will be long, long lasting. In fact, the 111th Congress managed to set a record! Yup .. unfortunately it is not a record to boast about (although I am sure the Democrats will find a way to spin it in their favor). Let's let CNSNews do the honors:

The federal government has accumulated more new debt--$3.22 trillion ($3,220,103,625,307.29)--during the tenure of the 111th Congress than it did during the first 100 Congresses combined, according to official debt figures published by the U.S. Treasury.

That equals $10,429.64 in new debt for each and every one of the 308,745,538 people counted in the United States by the 2010 Census.

The total national debt of $13.859 trillion .. now equals $44,886.57 for every man, woman and child in the United States.

In fact, the 111th Congress not only has set the record as the most debt-accumulating Congress in U.S. history, but also has out-stripped its nearest competitor, the 110th, by an astounding $1.262 trillion in new debt.

Mind you, these Democrats only continued the trend of the Republican Congress' of prior years, but they far and away exceeded the Republican-led increases. We are truly stuck with the lesser of two evils. Now all eyes turn to the Tea Party Republicans - those who were elected not because we trust the Republicans but because we trust Democrats a little less. So when the Republicans take over the House this week, they themselves are going to make history. For the first time in chamber history, they are going to read the Constitution aloud. Pretty amazing to think that the foundation of our country, the document that all these politicians swear to uphold, has never been read in its entirety in the House chamber. I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be the first time some of these politicians have even heard the Constitution in its entirety. Based on the way they have been governing, one would think it to be obsolete. This is also part of the reason why the incoming Republicans in the House will require that every new bill have a statement citing where in the constitution we have the authority to enact such legislation.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    ..... in less than 48 hours, Nancy Pelosi will no longer be 3rd in line for the presidency. Now THAT gives you something to celebrate.
    Now THAT put a smile on my face! LOL!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Krieg:
    ..... in less than 48 hours, Nancy Pelosi will no longer be 3rd in line for the presidency. Now THAT gives you something to celebrate.
    Now THAT put a smile on my face! LOL!
    Yeah, we don't have to worry anymore if some wacko decides to bump-off the white house executive staff.

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    At one time the 3 most powerful people in america were named Bush, D!ck and "Colon" :)
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Actually Jet.....they were all known as d!cks most of the time ;)