Home Ratings & Reviews

fuente carlito gof 2006

well, i bought this specifically for new years. been in humi since nov. 1st 1/2 was tasty 2nd 1/2 was horrible. draw got tight and this terrible ammonia taste came, ughh. was this a fluke , i certainly hope so for such a pricey stick.

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    My first 2 were problematic, one unraveled, one tunneled. It was not them, it was a storage issue on my part.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I've not liked either Carlito or Carlos. Just not my flavor profile. they are okay but not great to me. no Opus or Anejo in my opinion
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Definitely a fluke. I had some tar buildup in my last one, but a deeper cut took care of that, and fixed a tight draw. I prefer the Don Carlos, but think that the Carlito is a great blend as well. Definitely remind me of an Opus-lite or something similar.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    im a huge don carlos fan. but this was bad. ill try another. the don carlos gof next time.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I've only had one of each (hoping to bring another carlito to Mexico with me next week) and enjoyed the Carlito much more (it was an 05 though). The one GOF DC 06 I had was not very good in the taste department.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    I've only had one of each (hoping to bring another carlito to Mexico with me next week) and enjoyed the Carlito much more (it was an 05 though). The one GOF DC 06 I had was not very good in the taste department.
    Have fun on your trip buddy.

Hmm, I find both blends very nice. I don't smoke any cigars that are spendy right away ... usually. I've never experianced this from any of the GOF's. Sometimes they will get a bit harsh near the end but never what you described. I've gone through a box of the carlito 06's and about half a box of the don carlos. I have nother 2 of each left. I also have had both blends from 04 to 05 and they were great as well. I want to try the 07. It could be you just don't like the blend. I dunno but what you described seems a bit odd.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    These are in my Favs...I like both the Don Carlos and the Carlito, specifically the Carlito churchill. They are both quite tasty and I usually nub them. They have to be stored properly of course. I have noticed that in very cold weather they will want to unravel a little, but nothing problematic.