Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Navy Relieves Skipper

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WopAHvbg9LU&h=e86c5

I served under this guy 10 years ago. He was my CO in VF-211. I'd still follow this guy into hell. If the touchy feely civilians and liberal marxist media had any idea....even 1% of what really goes on in the inner working of the military....we wouldnt have one. This was made on a war cruise fro christs sake, and this is mild... Tragic, a great leaders career burned because someone with and agenda got "offended" and now theyre going to crucify him. Effing thin skinned pusies.

Comments

• Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Those videos are one of those things that civilians aren't meant to see. I have no clue how many things we did on our ship during deployment that civilians wouldn't get. I'm sorry to say it like that but it is true. I can't believe that it is all of a sudden a problem now 4 years later. If it was truly a problem on the ship, the capt would have said something. It sucks for Capt. Honors, and shouldn't be happening to him.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Unfortunately we / they have not learned the no pics no vid rules for this sorta of thing. Pics have always been taken but that was well before social media sites. Putting the commie tree hugger types with agendas aside (no offense to the enviros here) we gentlemen; are our own worst enemy.
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I saw this in the local news (Honors graduated HS 10 min from where I live) and it pissed me off, people need to lighten up. I would hope if your job description includes killing people you could tolerate a slightly off-color joke video.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I don't see how there was such a big issue with this video... I didn't find it funny or entertaining at all, but I also didn't find it offensive. I am confused as to how something like this video could have lead to all this. This is saddening.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those videos.................. well, what I could see were fantastic. I would have loved to have a leader like that.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Sun Tzu said it best - Military virtues are not civilian virtues, and two should never be confused. You can't hold men being deployed in a combat zone, with all the stress and life-threatenting scenario's, to the same conduct as civilians. Who cares if they wanna have a few laughs at some politically incorrect stuff?

Ain't it funny how this skipper gets the can when someone gets offended, but when that f*cker Nadal Hassan was making powerpoint presentations of how jihad can be justified, even though he was reported, no one did anything because it might be "politically incorrect" to take action against a muslim?

This is just bullshit that one man gets sacrificed on the altar of political correctness while another gets ignored and promoted for the sake of political correctness
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Sun Tzu said it best - Military virtues are not civilian virtues, and two should never be confused. You can't hold men being deployed in a combat zone, with all the stress and life-threatenting scenario's, to the same conduct as civilians. Who cares if they wanna have a few laughs at some politically incorrect stuff?

Ain't it funny how this skipper gets the can when someone gets offended, but when that f*cker Nadal Hassan was making powerpoint presentations of how jihad can be justified, even though he was reported, no one did anything because it might be "politically incorrect" to take action against a muslim?

This is just bullshit that one man gets sacrificed on the altar of political correctness while another gets ignored and promoted for the sake of political correctness
    Exceedingly good point here.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    xmacro:

Exceedingly well stated.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Luko:
    xmacro:

Exceedingly well stated.
    +1, this country is really screwed up sometime. What a bunch of horse hockey
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    agreed with you. it's complete bs. life style in the military is completely different and like it was said earlier you can never cross the civilian and military values...boy i would love to see how america would react if they found out how the military changes people which aren't right in the civilian lifestyle and are completely looked down upon but its completely ok in the military life.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Complete and total bull_sh_it
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    There is now a facebook page in support of this Skipper.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I think there should have been a good investigation on this. I also find it crap that it happened beore he was promoted. Seems as if it was really an issue it would have been addressed before that. Either way I can see why he was releived, as he is a senior officer however personally I find it nothing if not even close to what I saw or did while serving. Though his superiors felt different.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WopAHvbg9LU&h=e86c5

I served under this guy 10 years ago. He was my CO in VF-211. I'd still follow this guy into hell. If the touchy feely civilians and liberal marxist media had any idea....even 1% of what really goes on in the inner working of the military....
    See why go there? it wasn't any liberal that fired him ,it was his superior and the department of the Navy. If anything Liberals are trying to open up free speach not supress it.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    It begins again Squirrel----and like the "nut"case I am (pardon the pun)---I am fueling the fire on certain threads as well. Shame on me again.
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    i was doing some thinking about this earlier and honestly imo only ex military and people currently in the military should be able to state their opinion on this because they understand what its like to be a civilian and what it's like to be in the military. shoot me down idc because you can't argue for something if you don't understand the other side or where the person is coming from.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Well, anyone can state their opinion. It might be wrong or misinformed, but they can state it.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    JCizzle:
    Well, anyone can state their opinion. It might be wrong or misinformed, but they can state it.

+ 1 Thats why its America !!!