Home General Discussion
Options

Xikar Customer Service

Man I love this company as much as I love C.com. I have a beech wood Xi3 cutter my girlfriend got me last year for Christmas, and it locked up. I couldn't even open it, so I sent it into Xikar to get it fixed. Couldn't believe it, the guys didn't even fix it. They replaced it!. I know they replaced an 80 dollar cutter! This company is 2nd only to C.com for customer service.

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I've had similar experiences with Xikar. Their customer service is awesome. Some of their products unfortunately aren't. The Xi3 with wood handles is one of those products that just isn't that great. Get used to returning it fairly regularly as the handles will break, fall off or otherwise have issues. I have the Xi3 redwood and have had to send it back 3 times. Its been relegated to a special occasion cutter.

My Xikar MTX multi tool is a whole different story. I love that thing like a child.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I've had similar experiences with Xikar. Their customer service is awesome. Some of their products unfortunately aren't. The Xi3 with wood handles is one of those products that just isn't that great. Get used to returning it fairly regularly as the handles will break, fall off or otherwise have issues. I have the Xi3 redwood and have had to send it back 3 times. Its been relegated to a special occasion cutter.

My Xikar MTX multi tool is a whole different story. I love that thing like a child.
    wow...maddie is back?? and yeah...Xikar is awesome!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I have the MTX multi-tool, and it is awesome. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't sharpen itsself...
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xikar is right here in Kansas City and I have visited them twice. Their customer service is exceptional. They take what you send in and find the problem with it. They take the problem to the parts or manufacturing process and work on improving it. It is a continuous process. They will repair that cutter you sent in and make it like new and donate it to our troops. You would think they are a huge company but they are small. They owners and entire staff are so friendly. I have had the great pleasure of sitting down to smoke in their war room and have seen all the new projects they are working on. I won't use any other cutter or lighter. I have a Xi3 Spectra cutter & 2 lighters with zero problems. They told me 90% of the time lighter issues are caused by people using craptastic butane. They usually clean out the lighters and send a free can of Xikar butane back.

• Options
    jsnake:
    Xikar is right here in Kansas City and I have visited them twice. Their customer service is exceptional. They take what you send in and find the problem with it. They take the problem to the parts or manufacturing process and work on improving it. It is a continuous process. They will repair that cutter you sent in and make it like new and donate it to our troops. You would think they are a huge company but they are small. They owners and entire staff are so friendly. I have had the great pleasure of sitting down to smoke in their war room and have seen all the new projects they are working on. I won't use any other cutter or lighter. I have a Xi3 Spectra cutter & 2 lighters with zero problems. They told me 90% of the time lighter issues are caused by people using craptastic butane. They usually clean out the lighters and send a free can of Xikar butane back.

Xikar butane is actually the only butane I use, would love to get my hands on a Xikar Trezo though.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    +1 on the whole thread. Great customer service from Xikar for me too.

I also have a buddy who had problems with the Xi3, first one - the blades didn't match exactly, it kept "tearing" a part of the cigar off. Next one had the locking issue. Now he has one that he uses all the time, no issues. Cool that he can get a great product completely replaced. They totally stood behind the sale - awesome.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    I have the MTX multi-tool, and it is awesome. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't sharpen itsself...
    I just bought my 2nd one. 1 for indoors and 1 to keep outdoors. Yeas, I guess I am just that lazy, LOL.
  • Options
    absolutjerabsolutjer Posts: 120
    Love hearing stories like this. I have been looking for a new lighter, but I am picky and hard to please so i have been trying to decide what to buy for about a week. I like to buy nice stuff and do not mind paying a premium for something that is nice from a good company. Thanks for helping me narrow it down to a good brand, now just which lighter to choose!
  • Options
    kingtimkingtim Posts: 18
    Glad to hear they stand behind their products. I have a Xikar lighter that I picked up at my local B&M and it has never worked correctly. The B&M won't replace it- I will try the manufacturer. As far as C.Com I am still waiting to experience this legendary customer service. My wife ordered me some samplers for Christmas which were shipped with zero humidification and arrived dried out. I am trying to revive them slowly however C.Com after being made aware of the problem stated they would not have dried out during shipping. I ordered cigars to be sent to my brother serving in Kuwait and asked specifically about humidification for shipping to a desert and was assured that they would be humidified and would arrive in three days. 12 days later the dry sticks arrived in Kuwait.
  • Options
    kingtim:
    Glad to hear they stand behind their products. I have a Xikar lighter that I picked up at my local B&M and it has never worked correctly. The B&M won't replace it- I will try the manufacturer. As far as C.Com I am still waiting to experience this legendary customer service. My wife ordered me some samplers for Christmas which were shipped with zero humidification and arrived dried out. I am trying to revive them slowly however C.Com after being made aware of the problem stated they would not have dried out during shipping. I ordered cigars to be sent to my brother serving in Kuwait and asked specifically about humidification for shipping to a desert and was assured that they would be humidified and would arrive in three days. 12 days later the dry sticks arrived in Kuwait.
    did you call customer service? im sure they would fix your issue...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kingtim:
    The Xikar retailers are supposed to replace your Xikar no questions asked and no receipt needed. You can take your Xikar to any Xikar retailer and get it replaced. I would call Xikar Customer Service and report this store to them as not upholding the Xikar warranty program.
  • Options
    Benny71Benny71 Posts: 1
    Since Xikar was acquired by Quality Importers their "legendary" customer service is non-existent. Tried create a warranty service requests and I can't even login. When you try calling their customer service # you always get VM and no one ever calls you back.  I will never order a Xikar product ever again and neither should anyone else.  
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benny71 said:
    Since Xikar was acquired by Quality Importers their "legendary" customer service is non-existent. Tried create a warranty service requests and I can't even login. When you try calling their customer service # you always get VM and no one ever calls you back.  I will never order a Xikar product ever again and neither should anyone else.  

After some stranger tells me never to buy Xikar,..... this is me,...... feeling the urge to buy Xikar stuff.

don knotts GIF

• Options
    TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin
    Benny71 said:
    It's unfortunate, but yes, the QI acquisition of Xikar has lead to less-than-stellar customer service if you're at all familiar with their previous approach to warranty and repair. While I still enjoy the products, if you're looking for accessories that are similarly priced, have you tried Lotus? I don't love Lotus' aesthetics as much, but their products perform well and their customer service is solid.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sent in my allume 3 tabletop in because I dropped and broke it.  2 weeks later, I had a brand new one.  Yes, the site was a little strange and clunky, but I got through it and I'm GTG.  Maybe I  got lucky?
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I just sent in my allume 3 tabletop in because I dropped and broke it.  2 weeks later, I had a brand new one.  Yes, the site was a little strange and clunky, but I got through it and I'm GTG.  Maybe I  got lucky?
    I have 2 broken xi2 cutters that I need to get repaired and I have yet to figure out how to send a request in.
    I guess I'm not smart enough to work it.

BTW, I filled out their contact form 3 weeks ago asking how I am supposed to get them warrantied and have not received any reply.
    Thinking that Colibri may the ones I purchase from now on.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I figured out that I needed a computer and I couldn't do it from my phone. Other than that, it was a little weird because it asked me for a tracking number on the package before I was actually allowed to send it in. I just made up a tracking number and was fine
    Don't look ↑