Home Ratings & Reviews

Oliva O Maduro Perfecto

so, this is one of the few cigars that I have sampled several different vitolas...as far as I know, the only vitola I haven't tried is the churchill (I tend to avoid this vitola in all cigars)

I basically used this cigar as a testing ground so to speak... to really see the difference between vitolas... and this particular vitola really illustrated the differences to me... this was just not good... it burned extremely unevenly... probably the most uneven burn I have ever experienced... and about half way through it burned REALLY hot... so much so that I just put it out... that burnt tar flavor was overpowering... it also had a drag that got tighter as I went on... it just felt like the construction was shotty... this one had about a month on it and when i bought it, it took a long time to get to me and there were no humi pillows... so I am taking taking this with a grain of salt... I have 4 more and I will let them rest before trying another

I'd say the torp is by far the best smoke for me... followed by the robusto...

I felt the double toro was just too big for this blend... the flavors went a little flat for some reason

so my experiment taught me that there can be real differences between vitola... I always heard that before, but never really thought much about it... but now it will be something I really pay attention to

Comments

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Im a big fan of the O especially the maduro. I have noticed with the perfectos I've smoked that draw is always extremely tight, but usually the flavor and burn is good.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I dont know what it is, but i couldnt get into the O Maduro a while back. I much preffered the G. I still have an O left...methinks ill burn it tonight. Has about a year on it to boot(not on purpose...just been in the back left corner of the humi where i forgot abou it).
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I've had similar experiences with perfectos from other brands. I think it's my least favorite vitola (not including salomons which I usually really like).
  • i love the o maduro one of my absolute favorites, i had the robust great size not to big not to small had a lot of coco in it. I smoked another oliva perfecto and the construction was just like what you described it was horrible and ruined the cigar im not a fan of perfecto size.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    yeah, the first inch was great... just like any other O Maddy, but it just got nasty half way through... the construction wasn't there... but I still love the stick... may have to track down a deal on the Robusto or Torp size... are they on the Box Bedlam list? hmmmmmmm
  • no there is no box deal on them right now but give them a call and i bet they can help you out im a fan of the robusto one of my all time favorite cigars.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    they are on the buyu one get one... thats where I saw them... but it's the perfecto... BOOOOOO
  • call them up see what they can do?