Home Ratings & Reviews

My Review of Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro Box Pressed.

JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
Somewhere around 6 x 50?

I don't know much about this stick other than I got it from stephen_hannibal. This was my first maduro and I enjoyed it very much.

The pre-light draw had a smooth tobacco flavor, a hint of fruit, and a woody aftertaste. The draw was tighter than I'm used to, and the stick even looked like it was packed very tight. Not bad, just different. It took me a few puffs to relax and just "go with the flow" with this draw, rather than trying to force it.

The first 1/3 of the cigar definitely had a lot of spice, maybe a hint of cinnamon. My initial thought was "Christmas spices." After the initial 1/3, the taste became more roasted, sharper and more bitter.

This stick burned evenly, with only minor touch-ups that were most likely due to my noobness. This was one of the first cigars I've had that had an obvious difference from others. Based on my first experience, I think I am a fan of maduros.

Happy smoking,
J.C.
Light 'em up.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    JCizzle:
    Somewhere around 6 x 50?

I don't know much about this stick other than I got it from stephen_hannibal. This was my first maduro and I enjoyed it very much.

The pre-light draw had a smooth tobacco flavor, a hint of fruit, and a woody aftertaste. The draw was tighter than I'm used to, and the stick even looked like it was packed very tight. Not bad, just different. It took me a few puffs to relax and just "go with the flow" with this draw, rather than trying to force it.

The first 1/3 of the cigar definitely had a lot of spice, maybe a hint of cinnamon. My initial thought was "Christmas spices." After the initial 1/3, the taste became more roasted, sharper and more bitter.

This stick burned evenly, with only minor touch-ups that were most likely due to my noobness. This was one of the first cigars I've had that had an obvious difference from others. Based on my first experience, I think I am a fan of maduros.

Happy smoking,
    J.C.
    These things are a staple in my humi... glad it worked out. I would suggest the La Henrencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte.
    Very Similar profile but a ton smoother IMHO.

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Smoother always sounds good in my book, I will definitely check that one out.
    Light 'em up.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Have you tried this cigar in the natural wrapper? That's a good strong smoke.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    No but I'm convinced to try it!
    Light 'em up.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The IT SF was one of the first cigars I fell in love with and I always keep a few around in both wrappers
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I didn't like the natural as much...

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    This was one of the first cigars I ever smoked. Not huge on them these days, but they definitely were important in the development of my palette. First time I really got Cocoa and coffee flavors. The color of the wrappers, however, are beyond dubious... Ahem. Rocky is notorious for that though.

These are decent throw around sticks at around 3$ a piece. Great flavor for that price actually. Any more expensive though, and... ehhh. No thanks.