Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Positive thoughts at 11am Pacific

alright fellas... as some of you know I am a HUGE baseball and SF Giants fan... born and raised in the Bay Area and I go back the 85 season so no bandwaggoning here...

Anyway I've worked for the team for the past 5 years in a very small role... I run the scoreboard on gamedays... basically I have a touch screen and I put all the pitches, outs, hits, runs, etc up on the board... it's very part time... but today at 3pm Pacific Time I am interviewing with the VP of Marketing for a full time marketing and entertainment job... outside of starting pitcher or general manager, this is basically my dream job... I have plenty of experience and am very qualified for the gig, but some good thoughts can't hurt... so if you think of it around 3pm pacific, send some positive thoughts and or prayers in the direction of AT&T park...

I keep thinking of that old commercial when the guy comes into a meeting late and says "sorry I'm late... just had a job interview... NAILED IT!"

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saying a prayer for you buddy. Stay positive. You got this!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Awesome Robby. Sending positive thoughts your way today. Hope all goes just as you want it to.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on it, Rob.

Marty

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Nice, good luck!
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Good luck man!
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Best of luck to you man!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Good luck, Rob.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Sounds awesome. Good luck.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    thanks for the support guys! I'm getting my "I'm serious about this job" outfit together... got a hair cut this morning... and I'm even shaving off the facial hair for this one...
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    thanks for the support guys! I'm getting my "I'm serious about this job" outfit together... got a hair cut this morning... and I'm even shaving off the facial hair for this one...
    I don't know if i can wish luck to a GIANTS fan.lol j/k best of luck bro, I bet you will do just fine!
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Good luck and best wishes Rob! Give 'em hell!
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck-will be sending good karma your way!
  • Options
    thanks for all the support fellas!! I printed these out and tucked them away in my wallet for luck!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Good luck bro!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you get it, what cigar are you gunna smoke?
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Go get it, man!
  • Options
    Thanks a lot guys! The interview went pretty well... nothing is decided yet, but it's going in a great direction... thanks for all the support
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    robbyras:
    Thanks a lot guys! The interview went pretty well... nothing is decided yet, but it's going in a great direction... thanks for all the support
    Any idea when you will hear something Rob?

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    good luck !!!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    That sounds awesome man. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and hoping you get the job! Good luck!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Good luck to ya! Here's hoping you get your dream job!
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:

well there is still some uncertainty about the level of the position, so we'll see how it goes... the worst case scenario is still something I'd be interested in doing, so we'll see... but they want someone in place around 2/1 so I'll keep you guys updated...
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm little late for the interview-well-wishes bandwagon, but know that I'm still thinking about ya bro and hope this comes through for ya!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    i'm late to the party but best of luck to you. everyone deserves to do what they love for a living.
  • Options
    Good luck and best wishes your way!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    robbyras:
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:

well there is still some uncertainty about the level of the position, so we'll see how it goes... the worst case scenario is still something I'd be interested in doing, so we'll see... but they want someone in place around 2/1 so I'll keep you guys updated...
    Bump

Any word on the new position Rob? Getting down to crunch time if they want someone in the chair on 2/1...

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Just saw this man - Good luck! Good thoughts heading up there now.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Still pulling for you brother, trust it is going to work out.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I just came across this thread as well . I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just saw this thread for the 1st time...Best of luck to ya brother!! Just not to your Giants, as I am a Rockies fan.