Home Ratings & Reviews

Top 10 from a Novice Prospective

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
With all these top 10's I thought I'd do mine. I'm in no way an expert but I do know what I like and it's always good to have a lot of lists.

1 - Padron 1964 Family Reserve 46 maduro (I've had 2 and though they are young a fantastic cigar and the best I have had all year)

2- LFD Solomon Maduro (I haven't seen this on any lists and I have to say WTF? It's a fantastic cigar and smooth as hell)

3- Tatuaje Barclay Rex (very strong cigar but had a lot of flavors)

4- LFD Double Ligero Chisel Maduro (Another fantastic year for this stick. A true goodie)

5- Fuente Opus X Love Story

6- MOW Ruination

7- Oliva V maduro 2010

8- Tatuaje J21

9- Diesel UHC

10- MOW Virtue

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Love the list. Quite a few of these would be on my top ten as well.

Also... if you are a novice, what does that make the rest of us? You may be many things, but a novice you are certainly not!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    We have similar tastes. I don't know about the Virtue though. I should've got one of those LFD Salomons from Cascade when they had them. I passed, for whatever reason I don't know.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Dennis-

Yeah but I was trying to think of the best lighter smoke I have had last year and truth be told I didn't have a lot of them. The virtue is really the only one I liked of what I tried. Though it isn't as good as say a monte white, I felt since it was released in 2010 why not. I seem to have enjoyed the one I just had more than say the first few as I have had the most recent one sitting for a long while. and about the Solomon, you can still pick them up online. The natural is a good one too.

Tat- Thanks for the kind words. I do consider myself a novice, I mean I know very little about cigars.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Just curious since you listed the Diesel UHC - what did you think of the Diesel unlimited? How would you compare them?
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Dennis-

Yeah but I was trying to think of the best lighter smoke I have had last year and truth be told I didn't have a lot of them. The virtue is really the only one I liked of what I tried. Though it isn't as good as say a monte white, I felt since it was released in 2010 why not. I seem to have enjoyed the one I just had more than say the first few as I have had the most recent one sitting for a long while. and about the Solomon, you can still pick them up online. The natural is a good one too.

Tat- Thanks for the kind words. I do consider myself a novice, I mean I know very little about cigars.
    I would probably throw the Gurkha Park Ave in place if it were my list. Same blender and better blend in my opinion. I also really like the RP Signature. Hey, the B&M that I hooked you up with last year has Litto Gomez Diez Maduro double toro's. Same box as the Salomons so you can't miss them on the shelf. He has a ton of LFD and Litto stuff if you are ever looking.
    dennisking:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Dennis-

I would probably throw the Gurkha Park Ave in place if it were my list. Same blender and better blend in my opinion. I also really like the RP Signature. Hey, the B&M that I hooked you up with last year has Litto Gomez Diez Maduro double toro's. Same box as the Salomons so you can't miss them on the shelf. He has a ton of LFD and Litto stuff if you are ever looking.
    do you know if he has the small batch 3? Thanks btw, but I seldom make it down to wilsonville let alone Salem. I didn't like the park avenue much, very mild. I liked the virtue because it had a bit more bite to it. Like I said before, I noticed a change after a bit of time in my humi. then again it just might be me.
    xmacro:
    Just curious since you listed the Diesel UHC - what did you think of the Diesel unlimited? How would you compare them?
    I love the diesel, I mean I have 2 boxes of them. But I feel the UHC has a bit more of a punch, a fuller body to it and it still has that mellowness to it. I've had many more OR's than UHC's, but from the several of the UHC's I've had they seem to be better balanced. Sort of like the cain vs the cain f. I didn't enjoy the cain as much but felt the F was a bit more balanced and had more of a body to it. I know a lot of my go to cigars or cigars I like are higher on the scale and very light on the mild cigars but I also like a cigar to be balanced. That's what I look for. Sure I could list probably 10 more cigars... I could possibly throw out the virtue and put up a liga privada 9 or t52 as I really enjoyed both of them. It is sort of hard for me to get the last 3 cigars on a top 10 list as I said earlier, there are many I really do enjoy.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    phobicsquirrel:
    Sure I could list probably 10 more cigars... I could possibly throw out the virtue and put up a liga privada 9 or t52 as I really enjoyed both of them. It is sort of hard for me to get the last 3 cigars on a top 10 list as I said earlier, there are many I really do enjoy.
    This is always the problem with a Top Ten list - I always say I have 20 cigars in my top ten!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Sure I could list probably 10 more cigars... I could possibly throw out the virtue and put up a liga privada 9 or t52 as I really enjoyed both of them. It is sort of hard for me to get the last 3 cigars on a top 10 list as I said earlier, there are many I really do enjoy.
    This is always the problem with a Top Ten list - I always say I have 20 cigars in my top ten!
    +1
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨