Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Great Sticks----Too Often Forgotten About

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
So Im sitting at work (trying to do anything but of course) and got to thinking of a few cigars Ive had once or twice...and never again. I liked em, sometimes alot even, but just escaped my mnd. Figured we all have these sticks in our minds...so lets give them some credit and post em here. May very well turn someone else onto a great stick.

Partagas Benji MenendezPunch Rare CorojoCAO Maduro

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Good topic. Here are some cigars that gave me a really good first impression, but never got around to smoking again.

El Triunfador (new blend)
    Gurkha Regent Nepalese Warrior
    Graycliff 1666 (presidente size only. I've had several of the torpedos and they sucked)
    Vengeance Series 98 (thankfully I have one sitting in the humi)

I know I have many more to name, but nothing else comes to mind at the moment.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Great topic!

LFD Natural Cabinet Oscuro (I think that's what it's called)
    DPG Series JJ
    Liga Privada T52
    And so many more
  • Options
    Vegance 98 is a tasty one---have one in my humi as well. Know a place to get a great deal on them....you probably do too, but if not shoot me a PM.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Great topic!

Never had it.....but damn it sounds good.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Pueblo Dominicano (but only by force)
    Ashton 8-9-8, though that may change soon...
    CAO black VR
    Hoyo de Monterrey hoyo de tradicion
    Montecristo Media Noche

just paged through my hard copy catalog. and those were the ones that i gave some good ratings to but never got back to.

im not sure i will again. there is just too much stuff out there to try.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    TatuajeVI:
    Great topic!

Never had it.....but damn it sounds good.
    i have had it and it is good. i think i have one left in the humidor with a bit over a year on it.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Vegance 98 is a tasty one---have one in my humi as well. Know a place to get a great deal on them....you probably do too, but if not shoot me a PM.
    PM to you, my good man.
  • Options
    PM your way good Sir-------and Kuzi, again toying with my emotions and palate.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    PM your way good Sir-------and Kuzi, again toying with my emotions and palate.
    ill see if i can get you one.
    my B&M has a crazy good selection if LFDs
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I was actually thinking today about one stick that I really liked but never got more of. The Graycliff Espresso. It was one of the first premiums I really enjoyed. If I could find some at a discount price id be all over it.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Two Come to mind.
    The Gurkha Shaggy
    And the Cigar.com Cuban Label

• Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Pirates Gold... Natural wrapper, corona size (6.5x46). I don't know if it's just me but thats a great smoke...but only in that size. All the other sizes don't taste that good to me. And it's so friggan cheap...
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    The one that immediately jumps to mind is Chateau Real Maduro by Drew Estates. Its the only DE stick Ive ever had that I enjoyed, but never went back to it for some reason???

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    A few come to mind. Oliveros King Havano Claro, Gurkha Black Dragon, Gurkha Ninja, CAO America, and the Padron brown labels.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Montecristo Media Noche

Don't remember how but I acquired 2 of these and the 1st one was very enjoyable and that was about a year ago and have been "saving" the other one ever since. It is a stick that constantly stares me in the face and it has been tough leaving it sit for this long. Well the other night I bought a 5 pack just so I can smoke this last one in my humi.

For me it's always been the DPG Cuban Classic. I don't know why I continually forget about this stick in my humi but I do. Maybe I'll remedy that and go have one know.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    CAO l'anniversaire cameroon. Had a few of these early on and really liked the cameroon wrapper.

CAO CX2, dang these guys make a nice cameroon cigar!!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    perdomo habano
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    gran habano 3 siglos...always meaning to get a box, but keep buying "the cooler kids" instead
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    The one that immediately jumps to mind is Chateau Real Maduro by Drew Estates. Its the only DE stick Ive ever had that I enjoyed, but never went back to it for some reason???

I had one or two of those a year or two ago and they were really good. Mild, nothing fancy, but well made and tasty.
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    CAO l'anniversaire cameroon. Had a few of these early on and really liked the cameroon wrapper.

CAO CX2, dang these guys make a nice cameroon cigar!!

I had a CX2 on Monday, was pretty happy with it.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I know two that almost came to mind immediatley...and that would be:

Ccom Red Label

Carlos Torano 1916

One more i just thought of: Padron 3000

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    Carlos Torano 1916
    Add this to my list as well.-------And thanks Kuzi, much obliged sir.
  • Options
    SmokySuit:
    Pirates Gold... Natural wrapper, corona size (6.5x44). I don't know if it's just me but thats a great smoke...but only in that size. All the other sizes don't taste that good to me. And it's so friggan cheap...
    You're not the only one. I like these too ! I think I'm liking pretty much anything Rolando Reyes Sr. makes lately.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    brotheradam:
    SmokySuit:
    Pirates Gold... Natural wrapper, corona size (6.5x44). I don't know if it's just me but thats a great smoke...but only in that size. All the other sizes don't taste that good to me. And it's so friggan cheap...
    You're not the only one. I like these too ! I think I'm liking pretty much anything Rolando Reyes Sr. makes lately.
    +1 Reyes is a legend.

• Options
    thehoffthehoff Posts: 76
    Fuente Don Carlos and Camacho Corojo.
  • Options
    5 Vegas Series A and the Torano 59 Exodus Gold. When ever I think I want a good tasting cigar that doesn't need accompanyment these two I always reach for and they're not usually there. Every trade I make for them gets smoked as soon as they get here! And the 5 Vegas A is usually very inexpensive.
  • Options
    MBISONMBISON Posts: 45
    Punch Gran Puro CAO Italia Carlos Tora
  • Options
    BISON-------I have a B&M that works very very closely with Cusano and often has a ton of their stuff, and many times at grea prices. PM me if I can ever be of assistance.
  • Options
    MBISONMBISON Posts: 45
    Vulchor:
    BISON-------I have a B&M that works very very closely with Cusano and often has a ton of their stuff, and many times at grea prices. PM me if I can ever be of assistance.
    Vulchor.... PM SENT BRO!
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    dennisking:
    perdomo habano
    This is a great cigar! The corojo wrapper is my fav