Home General Discussion

need humidor suggestions please?

I'm finaly buying a humidor and after doing some research i'm more confused now than before...lol I'm looking for the best bang for my buck...specifically a 100 cigar humi for under a 100.00. I've looked on cheap humidors.com and found the milano one for 60.00 but not sure what to buy. i know you guys probably all have lots of experience in this are so i would appreciate your advice. i really prefer the hygrometer on the outside though...i like the look and being able to check it without opening it...also what type of humidification do you guys prefer...

Thank you!

Comments

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    As far as humidification goes, I'm a recent bead convert and will never use anything else.
    Light 'em up.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I have been looking into a 3rd humi in case I can't wait to save up for my cabinet, and I would suggest keeping an eye on the "imperfects" section at cheaphumidors. They rotate in and out so keep an eye on it. You can get some good prices for minor visual imperfections.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Beads, for every type of humi. If you ever get a humi that's larger than 300 (let's be honest here - it's definitely in your future), you'll wanna pick up something like a cigar oasis as well
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I had the Milano and it's a nice humi but there is not hygrometer on the outside. On another note your probably gunna want to ditch the analog hygrometer for a digital anyway. And yes no matter what humi you choose go to Heartfelt's website and get some beads. You'll save yourself a lot of worry.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    If its purely for function and you dont care too much on looks, look into a coolador. http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/209045.aspx
  • medic_xmedic_x Posts: 35
           I ordered the solana rosewood 100 cigar humi from cheap humidors.com with the humi care upgrade for right around a hundred dollars give or take. Cant wait to start filling it after about a week of seasoning!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Nice purchase. Have fun filln it. Should take about about 3 days. ;)