Home General Discussion
Options

NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!!

I made a couple of threads below but I was hoping for a little more info.

I am traveling overseas and am going to purchase 100 Honduran Primeros (Size = Double Corona). Also another 50 on different sizes and lengths (So all together around 120-150 Cigars)

I called up Cigar.com and ordered a Digital Hygrometer/Thermometer (It wasn't Prometheus but the gentleman from Cigar.com told me that the one I purchased would do just as good as the Prometheus)

Now here is my dilemma. I called Cigar.com and explained to them that I can't afford a good humidor and so I am going to go with a Tupperware product and gave him the size (9"H x 7 3/8"W x 11"L (23 x 19 x 28 cm)) and he told me just for the 100 Honduran Primeros I would need three of those suckers. Know this is a huge tupperware product (Fits 8.8 Liters or 37-cups). I am getting scared b/c to buy one would coast me $26.20 +tax/shipping Handling. If I buy three that would be $78.60 +tax/shipping Handling!!!

I'm not cheap, but I am a College student that is already swimming in debt and student loans just to survive, SO PLEASE SOMEONE HONESTLY TELL ME THAT THE CIGAR.COM REP WAS WRONG AND THAT 1 OF THOSE BAD BOYS WILL WORK PLEASE!!!!

Comments

• Options
    z3roz3ro Posts: 20
    So you want us to lie to you?
  • Options
    BearBlood54BearBlood54 Posts: 14
    z3ro:
    So you want us to lie to you?

No just tell me how much will that size fit
  • Options
    WolfdaddyWolfdaddy Posts: 8
    The c.com rep is right...either you need 3 or more of the size you mentioned, or get one much bigger container. 150 cigars take up more space than you might think. Sorry man.
  • Options
    BearBlood54BearBlood54 Posts: 14
    But look here for a sceond guys

I found this humidor at cigar.com with this dimension and it says it carries 120 cigars.
    (15 x 9.75 x 6.5)

Now this is that size of tupperware I found
    9"H x 7 3/8"W x 11"L

Now here is my point yeah the humi has a little more height and width but the tupperware has a lot more length. Doesn't that even out?
  • Options
    WolfdaddyWolfdaddy Posts: 8
    BearBlood54:

I am traveling overseas and am going to purchase 100 Honduran Primeros (Size = Double Corona). Also another 50 on different sizes and lengths (So all together around 120-150 Cigars)

First off, the Double Corona is a 7.5 x 50...that's a big cigar. The 50 ring size is about 3/4". At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I'll state what should be obvious: 7 1/2 (7.5) is bigger than 7 3/8 (7.375). Unless you plan on putting the cigars in the container long ways, the container itself is not wide enough. For 150 cigars, I'd try to find one big container, maybe something closer to 9" or 10" H x 10" or 12"W x 12 - 16" L.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That humidor will not hold 120 double corona sized cigars. The sizing of the humidor is based on a much smaller cigar.

Looks like someone beat my to the punch.
  • Options
    golfcigarjunkiegolfcigarjunkie Posts: 61
    Another option is to purchase a cheap cooler from wally world (dont worry about the seal you can always us ducktape)
  • Options
    aaronaaron Posts: 14
    When I was a college student swimming in debt and trying to survive, I didn't buy 150 cigars. 
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the cooler idea. It is your best bet for storage. You will also need a humidification device. I would say pick up one or two of the Humicare jars. That should all do the trick.