Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

CAO Sopranos edition

Hey guys I was interested in trying one of these cigars for some time now.I am just curious i read one of them had a sweet cap.If this is true which one is it? I wanted to try the "Tony Soprano" or the "Soldier" whats the tasting notes on these bad boys? Is it worth the 20 bucks a stick price or am i gonna fall victim to the hype?

Comments

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Not worth 20....I dont know if any stick is.............HOWEVER, I am a HUGE fan of these and have no trouble paying the 10-15 for the smaller sizes, and you can get AWESOME deals on these at various places on occasion.

I found these to be a very smooth, fuller side of medium bodied cigar. Nutty and creamy, with a slight sweetness that immediate kills any feeling of harsheness you may get from a fuller cigar. Slightly cedary with occasional coffee notes I have also noted. I compare then alot to Diamond Crown Maximus for me---just a bit smoother. Hope this helps alittle.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    There is a great review on the SE size by squirrel
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I did a review on the tony size. I like the boss size the best, though I do think the tony is great. But for the price, go get a camacho triple maduro. It's much better. They are good sticks but you can get better cigars cheaper.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    +1 on the triple maduro
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    i had one once, it was good but i can't make myself buy one again because of the price....i dont think it's worth the price
  • Options
    I hate to do it---but I disagree with the great Squirrely one. I like the CAO Sporano much more....and I will say one even better (or more blashpemous depending on your favorites)-----dont get the Camacho Triple Maduro, get the A. Turrent Triple Play----its way better. And as everyone allueded to, you can get much better price than MSRP on these if you "do your homework", so to speak.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Ahhhh personal tastes what a wonderful hobby we have.....lol Here's the answer, try them all and decide..lol
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    Ahhhh personal tastes what a wonderful hobby we have.....lol Here's the answer, try them all and decide..lol
    Amen!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    I hate to do it---but I disagree with the great Squirrely one. I like the CAO Sporano much more....and I will say one even better (or more blashpemous depending on your favorites)-----dont get the Camacho Triple Maduro, get the A. Turrent Triple Play----its way better. And as everyone allueded to, you can get much better price than MSRP on these if you "do your homework", so to speak.
    never heard of that one, I'll have to try one.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Just don't get them from the T site. They seem to think the mold growing all over their stock of these is plume. LOL.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Vulchor:
    never heard of that one, I'll have to try one.
    personally i like the camacho a bit more but i still gave the CAO Soprano a 90+ rating in my catalog.
    the cigar i compare the Soprano to isnt outside the brand.
    to me the Soprano compares to the Mx2. and frankly for way cheaper you get a better smoke.