Home General Discussion

First Post

Just wanted to introduce myself as this is my first post. I frequent the forums and really enjoy the sense of community among the members, so figured I'd join in on the fun.
Anyways, just placed my first box order ever with a box of Man O' Wars which came with five sticks of the Armada (which I've been dying to try). I love the sweetness of the main line, so is it reasonable to expect the same level of sweetness with the Armada, despite the added strength?

Comments

• Welcome, Welcome lots of great folks here and lots of great info. Glad to have you.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Welcome. I've only had a single armada so far, but I got a lot of sweetness out of it. Kind of like a maduro, and it really wasn't that strong. Maybe not even as strong as the reglular MoW.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Dunno about sweetness, but make sure you take your time with that Armada - it's a super premium, and one of the best cigars I've had. At any rate, Welcome!
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Welcome
  • Thanks everyone for the quick replies. Glad to hear I can expect that sweet retrohale as in the regular line. Will let you know how it goes when they arrive.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome. The Armada is a very tasty stick but doesn't really resemble the original MOW besides the quality of constuction, and super burn. They are not as strong as many full body sticks. You will need a full two hours to enjoy one fully. Try and save at least one for 6 months from now as your taste and appreciation of a stick like this will change over that time.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Have you been smoking for very long? If you have not, and have not really developed your palette sufficiently, you may not get much out of the Armada, at least not more than any other strong, dark, spice bomb cigar. I know I wasted a lot of very complex cigars early on before developing any sort of palette.
  • Not super long, about 9 months now about 4 times a week. Definitely gonna let a few of those sit for awhile. When I first started I got right into fuller bodied stuff like man o war and diesel and I really enjoy those, but I'm still working on picking up nuances.
  • Welcome bro. Glad to have you! MoW is def. a favorite around here. Enjoy!
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    welcome
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Welcome comrade.. It's a great group we have here, and I'm sure we all look forward to seeing your contributions.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, bro. You're gonna love the Armada. I had one for the first time the other night with Alex S. It was awesome, to say the least. Didn't pick up any sweetness, but there was a bit of a floral aroma while smoking it. Nothing strong, just subtle.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pmarti9069:
    Just wanted to introduce myself as this is my first post. I frequent the forums and really enjoy the sense of community among the members, so figured I'd join in on the fun. Anyways, just placed my first box order ever with a box of Man O' Wars which came with five sticks of the Armada (which I've been dying to try). I love the sweetness of the main line, so is it reasonable to expect the same level of sweetness with the Armada, despite the added strength?
    Glad to have you with us
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome to our group, nice choice on a box selection
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    welcome to the most informative place for cigars around.
    One God, One Truth
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Welcome. Although I'm not the guy to ask about flavors, I'm a huge fan of the Man O War line.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Forum