Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

MN Herf

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
Sirforster and I got together over xmas break to relax and enjoy a cigar indoors. I would have posted this sooner but I was holding out on my 1000 post contest...

Anyway, we tried to go to one B&M but they basically kicked Brian out because they wanted to leave early so that put a wrench in our plans. So, onward to the other B&M we know. This place was packed so after choosing a few sticks we just kinda stood around until a pair of rockers became available. I love the feeling of a walkin humi in the winter because the RH of the outdoors in MN in winter is about 25% which is pretty close to a desert. 70% feels like you can swim through.

After looking through the collection I found the Kristoff area which I have been dying to try so I grabbed a few for aging. We both decided on AF Hemminway Maduro after Brians rave reccomendation. I thought I had outgrown the Hemmingway line but I couldn't have been more wrong.

This stick starts like any Hemmingway with a tight draw but quickly opened up after passing the nipple tip. First thing that hit me was the added sweetness from the maduro wrapper to the already agreeable platform of the AF Hem, I think it was a very nice touch. The rest of the stick is kinda a blur as conversation took over the next 90 mins. Soon it was time to leave and one step outside just cemented the thought in my head that I need to build a mancave to enjoy cigars in warmth.