Home Ratings & Reviews

NICA LIBRE

HAD MY FIRST one, nice smoke for the price. sweet chocolate and coffee is what i picked up.

Comments

• DynaguyDynaguy Posts: 51
    I bought a box on sale recently. I was not expecting much frankly, however, I have been pleasantly surprised. This is a very well made, fine tasting box pressed maduro. They won't replace my 601 Blues, but I will certainly buy more. I have enjoyed every one so far. I agree with the flavor profile mentioned above.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Last one of these that I smoked tasted like a dog rocket.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I really enjoy these sticks. For the price they are great. I have burned though my box and am getting ready to place another order for some more. I will admit that they got a lot better after I had them sitting for about 3 months, I am at about 6 months now and had one last weekend and it was even better than the last.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    They are Ok sticks not my fav though. The hype about them tasting like a Padron is just that, total hype
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I have had about as many good Nica Libres as I have had terrible ones, and that ratio just isn't good enough for me, when I can get similar sticks from a manufacturer I love, and know will be flawless every time, for the same price. (Yes, I'm talking about the Padron x000 series)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Last one of these that I smoked tasted like a dog rocket.
    that's being generous. I have had 3 and all have been horrible. I couldn't get past a third of it. just isn't my cup of tea. I don't know how people can pick up the flavors they do, I must have a very bad palet.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The ones I've had have been all over the board, from great to awful. I finally threw in the towel because of the inconsistency. I feel bad for the people I handed them out to thinking they were getting a rich, chocolatey tobacco cigar. Maybe they did and maybe they didn't...
  • docbp87:
    I have had about as many good Nica Libres as I have had terrible ones, and that ratio just isn't good enough for me, when I can get similar sticks from a manufacturer I love, and know will be flawless every time, for the same price. (Yes, I'm talking about the Padron x000 series)
    I like the Padron x000 series as much as anybody, but they're never on sale for $2 a pop like the Nica Libre's.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've never had the padron x000 series. I did order some 80ths from a place and got a box of 7000's instead. Luckily the place was super awesome and over nighted the 80ths and had ups pick up the 7000's at no cost to me. Fantastic service. Maybe I should try one of them. But yeah, the nica libre is much cheaper.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Unthought_Known:
    docbp87:
    I like the Padron x000 series as much as anybody, but they're never on sale for $2 a pop like the Nica Libre's.
    And I will ALWAYS be willing to pay an extra 1$ per stick to guarantee that what I am getting will be smokeable, and good.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've always enjoyed this stick. I don't think it is like the Padron 26 maduro by any means, but it does have some similar flavors. I've never had one with any burn problems and they are a pleasant smoke. Nothing amazing, but a good solid smoke if you're in the mood for a decent maduro.