Home Non Cigar Related
Options

OK Ccom we need a cigar.com FB page

After recent attacks here on the forum I feel ccom should set up a facebook page. Just saying.

Comments

• Options
    i thought that there was one
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Yep, then it went away.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    stephen_hannibal:
    After recent attacks here on the forum I feel ccom should set up a facebook page. Just saying.

We still need the forum, some of us can't access FB at work...lol
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

...and some of us aren't into this whole facebook and myspace fad....
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

+1

Marty

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    +2...PH UCK FBook !
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    phobicsquirrel:
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

+1

Marty

++1
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    phobicsquirrel:
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

My space is a Fad or was a Fad.. Facbook is here to stay for sure, as a matter of fact Facebook Joined forces with Myspace so that you can now access both from each other... Its NUTS! but it is Not a FAD,
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    A fad, sometimes called a trend, meme or a craze, is any form of behavior that develops among a large population and is collectively followed with enthusiasm for some period, generally as a result of the behavior's being perceived as novel in some way.[1] A fad is said to "catch on" when the number of people adopting it begins to increase rapidly. The behavior will normally fade quickly once the perception of novelty is gone........................Facebook isnt going anywhere hence its not a fad! LOL
    Im just saying!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    We need a Facebook page! Stephen is right. Those of us who have embraced the new way know it is much easier to use in different ways.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    We need a Facebook page! Stephen is right. Those of us who have embraced the new way know it is much easier to use in different ways.
    Indeed...plus, on Facebook, we have live chat! Woot.. But yeah, Ccom had a Facebook page and let it go by the wayside.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I'm this close from deleting my FB page. The only thing stopping me is that I have over 100 photos on there, I need to find a way to save them all.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    JCizzle:
    I'm this close from deleting my FB page. The only thing stopping me is that I have over 100 photos on there, I need to find a way to save them all.
    Right click on the image and click Save Image As. Verify you have all of them saved and then nuke your FB page.
  • Options
    Garen B:
    JCizzle:
    Right click on the image and click Save Image As. Verify you have all of them saved and then nuke your FB page.
    That's going to take me days. :"(
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Nah. We just need a forum upgrade, with fancy features like live chat built in (most forums I read have some sort of chat feature, either at the top or bottom of the page, or at least as a subsection or whatever)... Also, captchas are needed for signups of new members, so the spambots can't get in.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Nah. We just need a forum upgrade, with fancy features like live chat built in (most forums I read have some sort of chat feature, either at the top or bottom of the page, or at least as a subsection or whatever)... Also, captchas are needed for signups of new members, so the spambots can't get in.
    +1...im not on facebook or myspace and dont plan to be unless forced..lol
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    What's wrong with FB? I love it - been in contact with people I hadn't talked to in 20+ years. Get to see what they've been up to, photos of trips, kids etc. I'm friends with a few folks from overseas, and that's neat to see a different prespective on things. Some folks have little melt downs on Facebook and post things they really shouldn't, drunk posting I'm sure....and well, that's just plain fun to watch.

If someone wanted to start a page I'd join. I don't imagine you should use the cigar.com name - you could call it cigarforum or some such.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    +2...PH UCK FBook !
    I thought I was the only person on the planet that felt this way!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I'm not really all that into FB either. I was for a little while but it just doesn't really interrest me to keep up with it. I love the forum approach for threads, searching, etc. My vote (incase it counts, or anyone is even watching) would definitely be for a CCOM forum upgrade with live chat.

Facebook annoys me, and I do think it will be a fad although the concept isn't and has been around for ages. It started with BBS (that I remember using almost 20 years ago), then went to IRC, then AOL, then MySpace, now Facebook. It's only a matter of time before somebody creates the next-best-thing that will eventually consume Facebook.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Facebook. I think it's great: it's just not for me. :)
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Theedge:
    What's wrong with FB? I love it - been in contact with people I hadn't talked to in 20+ years. Get to see what they've been up to, photos of trips, kids etc. I'm friends with a few folks from overseas, and that's neat to see a different prespective on things. Some folks have little melt downs on Facebook and post things they really shouldn't, drunk posting I'm sure....and well, that's just plain fun to watch.

If someone wanted to start a page I'd join. I don't imagine you should use the cigar.com name - you could call it cigarforum or some such.
    PM to ya
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I'd also love to see ccom let us use freaking tapatalk on the forums.
    It's such a pain in the ass trying to type out html on my phone.

• Options
    Theedge:

The problem is say you're with one chick and out and about, having a good time in the city, then she posts phone-pics to her FB page and tags you, then later you're with another chick and the same thing happens, then she sees the pics from the other chick then they get all pissed off and yadda yadda yadda.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    JCizzle:
    Theedge:

The problem is say you're with one chick and out and about, having a good time in the city, then she posts phone-pics to her FB page and tags you, then later you're with another chick and the same thing happens, then she sees the pics from the other chick then they get all pissed off and yadda yadda yadda.
    Speaking from experience??? LOL
  • Options
    nikostewart:
    JCizzle:
    Theedge:

Speaking from experience??? LOL
    No comment. :-D
    Light 'em up.