Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

OneOff

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
Anyone ever smoke one of these?

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Never even heard of them. Any info about them? Who makes them, etc.?
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Bought 2 fivers last year. Decent stick, not great. I would never pay MSRP for them. They have a company website that i read at the time and thought it was a cool "little guy" story with a good idea....but for the life of me I cant remember it. Check out their site, and give the stick a try----I gave a few out around here and guys seemed to like them more than I did.
  • Options
    I bought a box of 6x60's for $40, I will let you know what I think of them. If nothing else I will smoke them at work
  • Options
    For that price, its a damn good deal. Like I said, most people here liked em, and I thought they were decent. If Im not mistaken they were a very big brand in the boom, that kind of died out. Not due to lack of quality, but just over run by bigger spending of brands like Fonseca. If the box you get is the one you ordered, its different that the ones I had. PM me if you would ike gypsy... as I would not mind getting a few off your hands and maybe some other stuff if youre looking to work out a deal. I have a lot of singles and stuff to trade, wouldnt mind giving these another whirl if youre agreeable.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Bought 2 fivers last year. Decent stick, not great. I would never pay MSRP for them. They have a company website that i read at the time and thought it was a cool "little guy" story with a good idea....but for the life of me I cant remember it. Check out their site, and give the stick a try----I gave a few out around here and guys seemed to like them more than I did.
    since you posted, have you been able to find that web site again? i tried and failed.
  • Options
    Wow Kuz, I just searched and not a d@mn thing. The company, if I remember, was started by about 3 guys one whose catchphrase (he stole from Marley) was One Love. Obviously couldnt use that an blah blah blah. Its made by Nestor Plasencia (or at least was), and....well here is the wesit for the puff.com info

http://www.puff.com/Cigar-Reviews/Manufacturer/OneOff-Cigar-Reviews.html

They had about 3 different blends if I remember the site correctly and talked about how the wanted to get into cigar making curing the boom---but focus on a quality cigar, not a brand that died quickly.----------------------HOWEVER, I now feel like I am losing my mind with all info now gone.
  • Options
    When I got them, I did so from the dreaded sister site before I realzied my folly in using them-----as I look today however I see they are not offered here either. I gave one away in a pass once and someone posted a pic of it here, asking what it was. It was a different color band and appeared to be a different cigar as well, but I dont have the time to go back and find that post.
  • Options
    Last time replying to myself here------I did find it actually, and I apparent sent it to Cholmes back in '08. Said he liked it, but apparently no picture...thought there was:/
  • Options
    Last time replying to myself here------I did find it actually, and I apparent sent it to Cholmes back in '09. Said he liked it, but apparently no picture...thought there was:/
  • Options
    These are currently available at Cuban Crafters. I will let these rest a bit and then spark a few and give you guys my take on them. I did burn one ROTT but that is just to inconclusive but I couldn't help myself.
  • Options
    PM to you Vulchor
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I was gifted one of these by a local shop owner. He said they were made by Nestor Placencia and are now out of production. The one he gave me shows quite a bit of age judging by the celo.
  • Options
    Rob1110 these are not old production it appears someone has revived the brand but not sure who. I believe I read they were DR rolled sticks.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I'm just going by what he told me but wouldn't be surprised if he was blowing smoke. I personally don't know anything about them other than I have one but never did purchase any. Something about the band just didn't seem enticing (as stupid as that sounds).