Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Need some prayers on my wife's behalf

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
On my way to pick up my boys this afternoon when my car breaks down on the interstate. As we got the car towed to the dealership we got a call that my wife's grandmother had a brain aneurysm and was on the way to the emergency room. She went straight to a CT scan and ICU and that is all I know. Bad news comes in 3's right? I hope not. I am home with the kids and wife went to the hospital. She could use some prayers. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Prayers for you guys man! Keep us posted!
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Sending some Prayers your way brotha!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    On the way man.
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Will do friend!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will pray for your family brother. Hope things get better.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Prayers sent
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Wow, you're in our thoughts tonight Jsnake.
  • Options
    sent brother
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Hope her mom makes it out ok.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are with you and your family during this challenging time. Glad you made it off the interstate also. Be strong!
  • Options
    absolutjerabsolutjer Posts: 120
    Prayers going to your family bro..
  • Options
    Grandma is ok for right now. In the hospital. Will find out more today.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear, prayers incoming.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear and on the way
  • Options
    jsnake:
    My prayers are with you bro. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    jsnake:
    that;s good to hear... stay positive brother! your family is in my thoughts
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I am praying for you and your family and for grandma to have a full recovery.
  • Options
    Grandma had surgery this morning and was unresponsive. Everything is questionable and unknown. She might or might not recover. Wife is doing ok. We are praying and waiting.

Not nearly as important but I mentioned my car breaking down. Fuel pump went out. My father-in-law had to float us the money to pay for the repairs. Car has been fixed and luckily we got an incredible deal from the dealership.

Bad news comes in threes right? I sure hope not. Thanks everyone!!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to hang in there, especially for your wife. Prayers on the way.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Prayers for you bro
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Prayers from Ohio.
  • Options
    Still in the hospital and grandma is still bleeding in her brain. Doctor said it doesn't look good but she woke up today and had a long conversation with my wife. Unfortunately my wife's aunt is trying to continue starting problems with people while grandma is in the hospital and may be dying. Some people just make me sick.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'll continue to pray for you and your family, Jake.
  • Options
    Still in ICU. Spent her 88th birthday there. My wife took her a card and got to take with her. She seems to be sleeping more and her speech is now slurred. Still doesn't look good. Just wanted to update you guys. Thanks for the prayers.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    continuing to pray jsnake
  • Options
    Grandma just died. My wife was with her and just called. They sent her home from the hospital last night basically so she could be at home instead of in the hospital. I guess we all knew it was coming to an end but it doesn't make it any easier. The last real interaction grandma had was with our kids last week. She smiled and waved at them. She stuck her tongue out at my daughter and they kept going back and forth sticking tongues out at each other. She also held her hand for a while. Though she couldn't talk you could tell how excited she was the kids were there. After that she never really woke up again. Thanks for the prayers guys.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    She was clearly surrounded by people who loved her. Being with her children and grandchildren probably meant the world to her, and she's at peace now. I hope all is as well as it can be during these difficult times.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    betasynn:
    She was clearly surrounded by people who loved her. Being with her children and grandchildren probably meant the world to her, and she's at peace now. I hope all is as well as it can be during these difficult times.
    +1. Sorry for your loss Jake. Try to remember that Grandma is now in a place where she will suffer no more.

• Options
    jsnake:
    Grandma just died. My wife was with her and just called. They sent her home from the hospital last night basically so she could be at home instead of in the hospital. I guess we all knew it was coming to an end but it doesn't make it any easier. The last real interaction grandma had was with our kids last week. She smiled and waved at them. She stuck her tongue out at my daughter and they kept going back and forth sticking tongues out at each other. She also held her hand for a while. Though she couldn't talk you could tell how excited she was the kids were there. After that she never really woke up again. Thanks for the prayers guys.
    I'm so sorry bro. You can never really prepare yourself no matter how much you know it is going to happen. I lostt my grandmother last January and it was quite a blow. Also had a family friend loose his battle with cancer right before x-mas and with that you know it's going to happen but it hurts just the same. Sorry to go on but you hit a point I think is important. Anyways, stay strong for your wife and i hope nothing but good for you guys.
  • Options
    Thanks again guys.