Home General Discussion

Carlos Torano Fortress

I got a few of these last year from CI and they were really good. Anyways I was thinking about picking up a few more from CCOM now, so I went to Toranos website to see what they had to say about them. But they're not listed in their product line. What's the deal with that? They remind me of the Exodus Gold but fuller bodied. I gave one to Tim at the SE Herf in October and he seemed to like it to. Anyways I'm gonna get more, just wondering how come Torano family doesnt want to own it anymore.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I think it's a side brand... or maybe an exclusive hence the "by" under the word fortress.
    Yeah I love these too. Has such a huge amount of vanilla to it.

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    It's just a CI/CCom only line I think.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like these
  • I've been wanting to try these, gotta get some.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I like Carlos Torano's line...haven't tried the Fortress yet...maybe I will pick some up if there is a DD on them.

"Long ashes my friends."

• doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I haven't had anything from Torano and honestly haven't looked into them all that much. I'm intrigued by the vanilla though...haven't had a cigar where I picked up much of that yet but sounds TASTY.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Havent had the fortress, but Torano does make a few cigars that I like. Unfortunately, they also make a TON that I can't stand. I'm actually going to a Torano event soon, and Carlos Torano himself will be there. If you guys want, I can ask him about the Fortress...
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Just curious, which Torano's have you had a bad experience with? I've only had a few Toranos (Exodus Gold, Casa Torano and the 1916) but I've thoroughly enjoyed all of them, esp. the Exodus Gold which is one of my favorites.
  • The Exodus Gold is the *** in my opinion. IT has an awesome flavor profile! Not crazy about the Exodus Silver though. It wasn't bad it was just more mild than I expected. I would have to agree with Heavy, the whole line is pretty good, Signature, Virtuoso, Casa Torano, Single Region(B&M only I understand). I dont care for cameroon's so cant comment on the 1916.