Home Ratings & Reviews

Alec Bradley Sampler

I picked up an AB sampler a week ago... I've only had The Tempusand the SCR so I thought i'd give some others a try... and this was an amazing deal...

Here's what I got:
2 Tempus
2 Family Blend
2 Sun Grown
2 Maxx
2 Overture

any input on these guys? Like I said, I've had the Tempus and I hear that the Family Blend is really good but I'm curious about the others...I'm really interested in a few of the wrappers... the Honduran Trojes Viso on the Overture and the Brazilian Mata Fina on the Sun Grown...

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Tempus and Family Blend are great, Sun Grown is pretty good, Maxx didn't do anything for me. Never had the Overture. The SG is one of the only Famous Exclusives I would ever buy a box of. The Overture is another Famous Exclusive, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    I picked up an AB sampler a week ago... I've only had The Tempusand the SCR so I thought i'd give some others a try... and this was an amazing deal...

Here's what I got:
    2 Tempus
    2 Family Blend
    2 Sun Grown
    2 Maxx
    2 Overture

any input on these guys? Like I said, I've had the Tempus and I hear that the Family Blend is really good but I'm curious about the others...I'm really interested in a few of the wrappers... the Honduran Trojes Viso on the Overture and the Brazilian Mata Fina on the Sun Grown...
    I have had the Tempus (one of my favorites) JZ bought me a box of Tempus Centuria when my son was born...they are aging nicely, MAXX regular, Brazilian Maxx, and Harvest Selection. I really liked the Maxx regular and Brazilian Maxx - good cigars but I've only seen the Brazilian MAXX here at ccom

Actually just picked up the family blend last weekend...haven't tried it yet...but I have heard that if you liked the Tempus...you should like the FB as well.

"Long ashes my friends."

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    robbyras:

Here's what I got:
    2 Tempus
    2 Family Blend
    2 Sun Grown
    2 Maxx
    2 Overture

I love the Tempus, the Family Blend, Overture, and Sungrown are all good for me. Never have gotten into the Maxx but is certainly an OK smoke.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I bet you can't guess where I got the sampler!!!
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I've had the Tempus and the FB and they're both great and on me "get more" list.