Home General Discussion

Intentional pun?

I didn't know CCOM sold machine mades, and was just flipping through to see what the descriptions were like, when I stumbled on this. I'm not sure if this was an intentional pun or just a misspelling, but either way, it's hilarious:

"Hav-A-Tampa cigars are all machine made, cutting costs that are passed along to the price savvy consumer who wants the most sticks for their dolor. "

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=94

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    asolomon:
    I didn't know CCOM sold machine mades, and was just flipping through to see what the descriptions were like, when I stumbled on this. I'm not sure if this was an intentional pun or just a misspelling, but either way, it's hilarious:

"Hav-A-Tampa cigars are all machine made, cutting costs that are passed along to the price savvy consumer who wants the most sticks for their dolor. "

lol, I'm trying to remember, isn't "dolor" spanish for Pain?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    asolomon:

lol, I'm trying to remember, isn't "dolor" spanish for Pain?
    After a quick search, dolor is from Latin meaning pain or sorrow of a continuing nature. Perhaps it was intentional, as I'd have both continuing pain and sorrow if I was made to smoke a Hav-a-tampa.
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    It’s gotta be the beard, he’s fluent in Latin.
  • asolomonasolomon Posts: 128
    lol yeah, dolor is Spanish for pain.
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    and Spanish
  • Haha, C'mon guys, you know we like to have a little fun from time to time. We're glad you picked up on it. However, if you do prefer Hav-A-Tampa, we're not judging you - so smoke what you like, that's what's best about this industry.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    So it was intentional...I love this place!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Good save, good save!
    Light 'em up.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    So i have a few co workers that smoke the al-capones....i have had all 3 kinds and will say for a quick 5 minute smoke, they are not half bad....the infused one is pretty good i must say
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I knew that C.com sold Backwoods but the machine made selection is new on the Cigars drop down menu. It kinda sucks because being young I get a lot of people who go "Oh man you smoke cigars. So do I, I love Black and Milds." I liked that C.com kept them off the site but hey the upper people say you gotta sell them, you gotta listen.