Home General Discussion
Options

padron question

so is the padron 1926 80 year and 40 year a different blend or just a different size?

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Christian_Sapp:
    so is the padron 1926 80 year and 40 year a different blend or just a different size?
    Different blend, IMO...the 80th is a little bit smoother and sweeter.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    IMO I enjoy the 40 better....
  • Options
    ok thanks guys is there any other different blends between the 1926 or the 1964?
  • Options
    If you like high-end Padron's, have you tried the 44th, 45th and 46th anniversary cigars? They come out with a new blend each year (starting in 2008). I ordered one of each from Tim back in December. So far I've only smoked the 44th anniversary and it was very good - not as good as the 80th (my favorite cigar), but very good nonetheless.
  • Options
    Unthought_Known:
    If you like high-end Padron's, have you tried the 44th, 45th and 46th anniversary cigars? They come out with a new blend each year (starting in 2008). I ordered one of each from Tim back in December. So far I've only smoked the 44th anniversary and it was very good - not as good as the 80th (my favorite cigar), but very good nonetheless.
    I bought a box of the 45 naturals from tim, GREAT cigars, very smooth and elegant smoke.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Christian_Sapp:
    ok thanks guys is there any other different blends between the 1926 or the 1964?
    I believe the 1926 is full bodied as to where the 1964 is med-full...and yes they are different blends.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Krieg:
    Christian_Sapp:
    I believe the 1926 is full bodied as to where the 1964 is med-full...and yes they are different blends.
    Padron grades their tobacco, and the top tobacco not good enough for the 1926 is what goes into the 64. The blend are definitely very similar.
  • Options
    That logic doesn't seem to make sense since the 64's came out before the 26's.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know the answer to your question but I can tell you they all taste like a goat's rear end.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    jsnake:
    I don't know the answer to your question but I can tell you they all taste like a goat's rear end.
    lol better get those taste buds checked...
  • Options
    jsnake:

yeah, sure they do buddy
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    brizzzine:
    jsnake:
    yeah, sure they do buddy
    I couldn't disagree more. The 26 Maduro is fantastic, but the brown label 3000 Maduro is a wonderful everyday priced smoke that doesn't taste like a budget smoke. Of course that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    brizzzine:
    jsnake:
    yeah, sure they do buddy
    I couldn't disagree more. The 26 Maduro is fantastic, but the brown label 3000 Maduro is a wonderful everyday priced smoke that doesn't taste like a budget smoke. Of course that's just my opinion.

What are you doing kissing up to a goat jsnake ... I know you got better things to do bro !!! Just messin with ya . The 26 Maduro is a GREAT smoke .
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Crazy talk. I have smoked a fair number of Padrons, a wide variety of the x000 series, plus a handful of both the natural and maduro 64s, and a couple of 26s, plus an 80 and 40, and have never had a bad experience with one.
  • Options
    haha damnit Jake...Padrons are my favorite all time smokes...that should give you a hint regarding our PM.
  • Options
    suneet21:
    haha damnit Jake...Padrons are my favorite all time smokes...that should give you a hint regarding our PM.

I will admit I haven't tried all Padrons. Actually I don't think I have had their higher end cigars at all. I just didn't care for the ones I have had which I think were the 1000 and 3000. I won't count them out and since I have never heard one other person say anything bad about them I am seriously wanting to find a blend of theirs that I will enjoy and see what it is everyone loves about them. I think my couple of bad experiences have made me shy away from trying more of their other stuff. Of course if something changes my thoughts on this I will let you all know.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    suneet21:

I will admit I haven't tried all Padrons. Actually I don't think I have had their higher end cigars at all. I just didn't care for the ones I have had which I think were the 1000 and 3000. I won't count them out and since I have never heard one other person say anything bad about them I am seriously wanting to find a blend of theirs that I will enjoy and see what it is everyone loves about them. I think my couple of bad experiences have made me shy away from trying more of their other stuff. Of course if something changes my thoughts on this I will let you all know.
    Go try a 1964 Maduro, and then let us know what ya think.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    jsnake:
    suneet21:

I didn't care for their lower stuff like the 3000 either but the 1964 is actually one of my favs.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    ///hmmm...can't say I have ever thought that, but then again, not quite sure what that taste like, so best if I not comment :)
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really need to get me some of these smokes asap.
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I just got a box of 64 mad. today and I will do my best to smoke them and Give a review. Could take a few years. LOL No these things are fn great or I wouldn't have dropped the coin.
  • Options
    i agree...i had a regular Padron (forget which, cost less than $10 at my B&M) and I didn't really enjoy it at all.

However, the 64 Padron was a game changer for me haha and I absolutely love it.

Actually happened to get a 45th anniversary that I plan on smoking next week, can't wait for that one.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    BLASPHEME!
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    jsnake:
    BLASPHEME!
    I will try out one of these high end ones and report back.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    try a 1926, it's worlds apart from the rest (except maybe the 45 which i've never had). it's a far better stick than the regular padron sticks.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Yes, that would be a good start... That will definitely change his mind!!!
  • Options
    suneet21 sent me a Padron 1964 Anniversary so I will be smoking this one soon.
  • Options
    SigCigSigCig Posts: 37
    docbp87:
    Crazy talk. I have smoked a fair number of Padrons, a wide variety of the x000 series, plus a handful of both the natural and maduro 64s, and a couple of 26s, plus an 80 and 40, and have never had a bad experience with one.

Yeah they're great sticks. Not always my favorite flavor profile, but very consistently good construction, draw, burn, etc. I've never had to toss a Padron. Unlike many, many other brands.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I still need to try the '26 sometime. Any suggestions on which size to go with?