Home Ratings & Reviews

Vudu Robusto?

blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
Anyone have a review or tried the Vudu Robusto yet? Reviews elsewhere are mixed, but I had my first out of my 5 pack last night and it was delicious. Very smooth, chocolate & coffee bean creamy taste is what I got, very smooth and excellent construction & appearance. I loved it, and for the price its an amazing value in my opinion. Mine had about 2 to 3 months rest so maybe thats why reviews are mixed because at the last inch I did taste a tiny bit of bitterness, so maybe they just need a bit of rest. I would recommend a purchase for sure, but anyone else have opinions?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I've wanted to try these too.

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Not a bad stick. Only had one but I thought it was decent. This was my quick write up on it:

Hay and an odd sweetness on the prelight. Spice, leather, wood and a hint of mineral bitterness in this medium bodied and medium strength smoke. Not bad, just not great.
    For the right price, I'd consider picking up a few more to have on hand as extras if I had the room. They'd be perfect to hand to a guest who's a casual smoker and wants to try something new.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Had another of my samples tonight, the rest are for every 3 months samples. I honestly don't get what the negative reviews on the site are from. I think a lot of people don't know how to properly age & store cigars, & a lot of people must not know that a cigar needs to rest in a PROPERLY maintained humidor for a few weeks before it adjusts to the shipping etc etc changes. I loved every one of these I've smoked, its up there with any patel I like at the top of the list. Bitter flavor towards the end is almost gone after 2 months, so great aging potential. Love the earthy dark tobacco flavors on this, its a classic maduro.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I thought it was a good stick, it may not be the best Rocky i ever had but they easily fit into my humi. Of the newer stuff he has out I liked the 1961 the best