Home Ratings & Reviews

601 Green & JDN Antano Dark

Looking for some feedback on these 2....

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    JdN Antono Dark Corojo is damn good, Diamondog. Lots of black pepper, cinnamon, and a bit of wood and molasses or caramel.

Haven't had the 601 Green though. I know Sniper has though.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    You just named 2 of my favorite full bodied cigars! The Dark Corojo IMO is best in the Peligroso (corona) size and just has TONS of flavor. The 601 Green is an awesome smoke! Lots of cedar and spice and just a ton of flavor. I actually haven't had the 601 Green in quite some time, but thanks for reminding me of this one. I need to find a deal on these to jump on!
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    that JDN Dark Corojo is an amazing smoke! I don't know anything about the 601 Green, but that JDN is worth just about anything they would charge you for it! I bought a sampler a while ago and smoked all but one of the in a matter of few weeks. I definitely need to find some more of these!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    JDN DC is a great smoke. Only had one so far but really enjoyed it (much more than the Antano). As for the 601 Green, I had the salomon and it was good. Not incredible, but certainly not bad at all. If you got them both at a reasonable price and enjoy some pepper and spice, I'd say pull the trigger on both.
  • JimmyCJimmyC Posts: 38
    What's JDN stand for? I'm still not down with the lingo here. ;)
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    JimmyC:
    What's JDN stand for? I'm still not down with the lingo here. ;)
    JdN = Joya de Nicaragua (English = Jewel of Nicaragua).
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    just got a box of dark corojos!!!!! yum yum yum yum,
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Dark Corojo is my idea of the perfect big meal cigar. I think the Martillo size is best personally, and I've tried them all but that's the one I keep coming back to. The 601 Green is pretty good, I like it.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    wwhwang:
    JdN Antono Dark Corojo is damn good, Diamondog. Lots of black pepper, cinnamon, and a bit of wood and molasses or caramel.

Haven't had the 601 Green though. I know Sniper has though.
    601 Green is an EXCELLENT stick! Lots of pepper, long finish, boozy retrohale and a good bit of power - definitely give it a shot if you get the opportunity.

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Just ordered a JCN sampler, gonna find out for myself.
    Light 'em up.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    Also 2 of my personal favs. The JDNs do seem to need some rest to burn OK for me, but it is absolutely worth the wait. The 601 green is also great. Burn on that one has always been super sharp. Both have great construction. They are similar in strength but the flavors are different. JDN dark may have my personal favorite pre-light smell of all time.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Have you tried them? What do you like more of?
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    lcpleel:
    Diamondog:
    Have you tried them? What do you like more of?
    I have not yet, I really like the 601 Blue, the green is supposed to be stronger and I am a full bodied fan so I think I'll give them a try. I also enjoy the JDN Antano and the reviews I've read and watched look great on the dark so I'll give them a shot too...
  • DD.. You HAVE to get the JDNs. They are awesome. For someone that likes full bodied smokes in the morning, this would be great for after dinner for you imo. Haven't tried any 601s yet, but it's on the log list of to trys.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Dark Corojo is YUMMY! Very rich, and a solid complex cigar. And for the price, you can't beat it. I think Tim hooked me up on the price for a few of these a while back. Haven't tried the 601 Green, though I have a robusto lying around in the humidor I believe.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    boxes enroute!
  • I had a JDN Dark Corojo a couple of weeks ago and I was not impressed at all! Flavor was just ok to me and it had burn issues throughout the entire stick. Was a bit tight as well. I tried to like it, wanted to like it, but I will not buy another. I love Full Bodied sticks, this was is just not for me I guess.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Just picked up a 10 pack of the El Martillo, 5.4 x 54, size on free fall for $33!!!!!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Dark Corojos are in my top 5 all time...... 601 Green are just "meh" for me. I like the Blue better. Still waitin for the prices to come down on the 601s since RP took them over.... won't hold my breath, though.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Im with coachjamie on this one....liked the JDN Dark Antano okay but did not do anything special for me. Plus I had the burn issues very common with this blend. Perhaps some of that burn problem stuff will go away with some more rest but too many others out there to worry about this one. I have not tried the 601 Green.