Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

La Herencia Cubana Dos Capas from Weekend Blitz

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Curious to see what you guys think of these.

Lots of body on this one; not sure what I'm tasting, but flavors definitely changing throughout this one. Seems like a good smoke, but make sure you have a good dinner in your stomach before lighting this one up

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    had my first last night and loved it, needed a little rest, but oh my it had nice flavor.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    This is really one of the only barberpole cigars I have ever really enjoyed a lot. The wrappers really work well together and with the filler binder blend.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    This is really one of the only barberpole cigars I have ever really enjoyed a lot. The wrappers really work well together and with the filler binder blend.
    I agree. I tried one OTT and it was pretty decent. Mine need some time to adjust and get settled for sure, but it was the only barber pole smoke I liked right away.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    ejenne87:
    Alex Svenson:
    I agree. I tried one OTT and it was pretty decent. Mine need some time to adjust and get settled for sure, but it was the only barber pole smoke I liked right away.
    I picked up 5 of these from a split. I will have to give them a while to rest since my mailman decided to play the "let's deliver Phil's mail late Saturday night and cram the package in the mailbox so he doesn't find his cigars until monday morning, and oh yeah it's f-ing single digits out, so his cigars will be very frozen when he finds them" game. Long title to that game.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    Alex Svenson:
    I picked up 5 of these from a split. I will have to give them a while to rest since my mailman decided to play the "let's deliver Phil's mail late Saturday night and cram the package in the mailbox so he doesn't find his cigars until monday morning, and oh yeah it's f-ing single digits out, so his cigars will be very frozen when he finds them" game. Long title to that game.
    Must be a usps thing...my mailman plays the "let's cram Joe's cigars so tightly in the mailbox so he can see them but not get them without a chainsaw" game.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    Alex Svenson:
    Must be a usps thing...my mailman plays the "let's cram Joe's cigars so tightly in the mailbox so he can see them but not get them without a chainsaw" game.
    HAHA I know that game pretty well! I have a PO box and I get those little keys in there when I get a package. They like to play the "lets hide this in the VERY back in the lowest or highest box we can find so Evan wont see it in there because he is too short, and too "unflexible" to see that far back" game.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    j0z3r:
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    Alex Svenson:
    HAHA I know that game pretty well! I have a PO box and I get those little keys in there when I get a package. They like to play the "lets hide this in the VERY back in the lowest or highest box we can find so Evan wont see it in there because he is too short, and too "unflexible" to see that far back" game.
    Man, you guys got the short end of the stick when it comes to mailmen. My mailman pulls into my driveway, honks, waits for one of us to come out and hand delivers it. I love it.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    My mail guy walks the few feet from the postage boxes and leaves it on my doorstep - even rings the bell :)

But back to the topic at-hand - what kinda flavors are you guys getting from this stick? I smoked one ROTT, and got knocked on my ass. What little I remember is that it was good, but full-flavored and full-bodied, like it would pair well with a big steak dinner
  • Options
    DynaguyDynaguy Posts: 51
    I have really enjoyed the four I have tried so far. Amazing amount of smoke, medium to medium full in body. What is cool is that you really can taste a change from the PA Broadleaf wrapper to the Ecuador Sumatra wrapper and back throughout the length of the cigar. They are long lasting, too, running about 1.5 hours each. So, I would be very glad to see these become a regular part of the line in a bundle format to keep the price low. This is the first "barberpole" cigar I would add to the rotation. Another winner from AJ.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Mine arrived in MN today according to the delivery confirmation. Another week or so to get here from there. Woo hoo. let you all know what I think of them in a couple of weeks. LAME!!!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I did a split with Oz and they should be here today... i'm pretty excited to fire one up
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I got mine today from my split with lilwing88, they look amazing. I have to let them rest a little bit but they sure do look tempting to smoke!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Smoked my first one tonight. Awesome flavors. Had some burn issues and it was pretty spongy but I think with some rest, these will be awesome smokes. Very glad I picked some up.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Smoked the first one last night, I thought it was good, the wrappers really work well together.
    I originally thought that OF wrapper would overpower but it didn't.
    I picked up notes of cedar, earth, tiny touch of cream/leather/pepper/sweetness.

The only thing that was strange was a slight bitterness (not overwhelming) that came and went starting 1 inch in and then went away before 1/2 and then came back last 3/4 toward the nub.
    I have had this bitterness with the original LHC so maybe it comes from Ecuador Sumatra wrapper.
    I will let them rest and see how the are this summer.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Tried my first one last night. Wasn't impressed. Was very "Flat" (not a lot of flavor) IMO. I need to try again after reading these reviews.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've had one so far. It was nice, didn't blow me away or anything, but it's a nice combo of the two sticks. I enjoyed it. Actually the first barber pole I've had that I've liked. It'll be a good summer time stick for the pool or barbecuing.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    What are the chances of box production on the Dos Capas?
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    had 2-3 already and one i love, been buying a few up,+ the sol cubano artisian i like to, anyone dont want either of those pm me me for a trade
  • Options
    jj you have a pm.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Just thought with the DoD today, that we would revive the conversation from the past. How has age impacted these sticks? Since they are not a regular production thing, perhaps some of us have not had the pleasure? Updated comments appreciated.
  • Options
    I smoked my last one last summer. It had nice flavors that I enjoyed but I had burn issues with every one of them. The two wrappers just wouldn't burn at the same rate and constant touch-ups were required. Other than that they tasted fine but lacked 'wow factor' so I'm passing on the deal today.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    bearb:
    Just thought with the DoD today, that we would revive the conversation from the past. How has age impacted these sticks? Since they are not a regular production thing, perhaps some of us have not had the pleasure? Updated comments appreciated.
    ///ironic in know, but i will reask ;)
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I picked up a 10er off the DD about this time last year when I was first getting into the hobby. I liked them, but they were a bit too full for my liking in the beginning. I held onto one for a revisit and smoked it maybe a month or two ago with roughly 9 or 10 months age. I liked it much better this go around. I wasn't paying much attention to it as I smoked it on the golf course, but do recall the burn and construction being very good as well as the flavors being pretty pleasent. It still had a fair amount of spice, but not overwhelming as I had first thought. Now, whether that was due to the development of my palate or the age of the cigar, I am not sure. I have not had the LHC original or oscuro, but do enjoy the CORE.