Home General Discussion
Options

Too cold to smoke

Been cooped up for too long. Bright sun today 6 degrees, great day to bundle up for a long dog walk. So I hooked up Mundo to the leash and lit my LFD Ligero. The thing cracked. splayed, and wouldn't stay lit. Then I dropped it! (hard to smoke with gloves on I've found). Wouldn't have been a disaster only it fell right into a black crusty truck tire rut! I quickly realized why I was having problems. I'm smoking inside a giant freezer! Bad experience. The dog didn't mind though. Don't try this at home...

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Lesson learned, but that still sucks! The LFD Ligero is a great stick, and I think you should pay tribute to your fallen friend by smoking another one on the first warm day of the spring. :-)

• Options
    havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Good idea! But I can't wait that long. It's supposed to warm up into the 20's this week, and I know from experience any good cigar can hold up in those temperatures.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    some times you just gotta man up
  • Options
    sol1821:
    some times you just gotta man up
    Haha this is great!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I always hate smoking in the cold. My palate loses something.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    High temp today was 9 in buffalo and was pretty much between 0 & 2 degrees today.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    kingjk729:
    High temp today was 9 in buffalo and was pretty much between 0 & 2 degrees today.
    I've come to the conclusion that anything below 11 is just damn cold. haha
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I tried smoking a MoW one night when it was 10-15 degrees outside...thought i was ok since I was next to a fireplace...NOPE...wrapper split then the whole cigar just unraveled on me...never again!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    kingjk729:

When i went to bed it was -4 and thats not including the windchill ........ thats the definition of colder than a witches titty
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    I'm still trying to figure out why anyone lives in a place where it gets this cold. Ohio can suck it, as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Dude Love:
    I'm still trying to figure out why anyone lives in a place where it gets this cold. Ohio can suck it, as far as I'm concerned.
    Ha! It was -25 at my house this morning when I woke up, that's WITHOUT the windchill.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Too cold? heretics will be burned as soon as we finish a cigar
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    undulac:
    kingjk729:

Hooooly crap, uhh add about 50 degrees to that and you would be living in my world, jeeeesus......11...My thermometer doesn't even go down that far......well maybe it does..
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    It's 58 here, and I'm looking for a jacket....You guys must be a different breed.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    not smoking much lately. The temp yesterday morning here was -44 with th wind chill, -29 without counting the wind. Not only does the cigar crack, but so do your lips and eye lids at that temp :(

• Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Sheesh. If I saw my thermometer drop into the negatives I'd just say F it and pack up right then.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    camgfs:
    not smoking much lately. The temp yesterday morning here was -44 with th wind chill, -29 without counting the wind. Not only does the cigar crack, but so do your lips and eye lids at that temp :(

Where are you? The coldest I remember is 0. I can't even imagine what -29 is like.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    camgfs:

Where are you? The coldest I remember is 0. I can't even imagine what -29 is like.
    It's like an immediate ice-cream headache...over your whole body.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I also suffer from the it's too damn cold to blink outside, let alone think about lighting up a fine stick! We actually hit a heat wave here (central PA) today...a whopping 31! I'm Mike, by the way. New to the forums. I'll post an introductory thread here shortly haha.