Home General Discussion
Options

Havana foot locker or El Diablo?

blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
I have a question for my brothers out there. I recently finished tax returns for my wife and new son so we have a bunch of money coming in for tax returns, first year I didn't get raped(single no children moderate earners get raped in case you haven't experiened this). Anyways, I'm looking at spending 400 bucks to upgrade my collection to the next level and I'm looking at around 200 for a nice humi & 200 on a few boxes I've wanted to have to age. I like the diablo and havana foot locker, & I can't decide which one I like best, or if there is something else I should purchase. Anyone who has seen both or as reviews or thoughts on either would be appreciated. Or if you have another idea for a great box & singles larger capacity humi I could purchase please leave your thoughts. Thanks for the help brothers.

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I've been looking at those too... I want to get some of my overflow out of this cooler.

• Options
    RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    Hey man!
    You could always check out the Evanston Dome Humidor here at ccom! That bad boy is a 300 count but is only $200 (ask nicely and they should be able to give you a deal). I got mine for Christmas and it can hold a lot!

As for the cigars for aging, $200 isn't much for a few boxes (especially for aging), but I would say a box of Diesel Unholy Cocktail, Don Tomas Classico, CAO La Traviata maybe some Ashton VSG singles, some RP Decade Singles.

Best of Luck!
    -Regards and Long Ashes
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    RoyalCigars:
    You could always check out the Evanston Dome Humidor here at ccom!
    I got my el diablo through ccom. If you email Tim, you'd be surprised at what he can rummage up for us forum guys ;)
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    Id spend 100 on a cool-a-dor and then the extra 100 on more sticks :D
    Id go for some desil ulimited. MoW. Then a load of 5 packs of various stuff.
    And ofcource id drop a rep a line and see if they can hook you up.
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Check out waxingmoon (ED) I have one of his and its great. Savoy (Ashtons) are nice and work great as well. Go for the style you like and what works with your dacor. Don't waste $500 of cigars on a $30 humidor. It should be functional and match your personality.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    May I also suggest looking at Craigslist...I recently saw someone selling a cabinet 3000 ct humidor for $200. Guy just wanted to get rid of it...might get lucky.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    I have the foot locker and it's really good. The only real complaint I have is that since the main well is so deep, it's hard to find specific sticks in there. The top trays help a ton though, you do need to take them both out to get to the main well. I'd also advise to move to beads with the humi upgrade if you haven't already.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    sol1821:
    Id spend 100 on a cool-a-dor and then the extra 100 on more sticks :D
    Id go for some desil ulimited. MoW. Then a load of 5 packs of various stuff.
    And ofcource id drop a rep a line and see if they can hook you up.

+1 on this but i'd add an extra 40 bucks to this budget and get some beads and a digital hydrometer
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'm hit up Waxming Moon too; I think he just developed a foot locker for under $200, and he's developing something more stylish now.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    blurr:
    I have a question for my brothers out there. I recently finished tax returns for my wife and new son so we have a bunch of money coming in for tax returns, first year I didn't get raped(single no children moderate earners get raped in case you haven't experiened this). Anyways, I'm looking at spending 400 bucks to upgrade my collection to the next level and I'm looking at around 200 for a nice humi & 200 on a few boxes I've wanted to have to age. I like the diablo and havana foot locker, & I can't decide which one I like best, or if there is something else I should purchase. Anyone who has seen both or as reviews or thoughts on either would be appreciated. Or if you have another idea for a great box & singles larger capacity humi I could purchase please leave your thoughts. Thanks for the help brothers.
    You have a PM!
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    I have the treasure domw and love it