Home General Discussion
Options

Need cigar suggestion help

I have my 12th Wedding anny coming up and I'm going to order myself a nice cigar or two. Essentially, I'm looking to treat myself for once and I need help with what to get. I've never had a super prem. so it's wide open, as they say.

I'm leaning towards:

1. Carlito GOF
2. 1926/64 Padron
3. Opus X L.C.
4. Maybe an Ashton ???.

One thing to consider is that I don't want to keep these for a month or two in my humi to risk any kind of damage. I want to smoke them failry quickly after receiving them. I also want to get something I will enjoy and being a beginner, I'm not sure if I'm ready for some sticks. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Based on being a beginner as you said, and wanting to smoke them fairly soon I would go with the GOF. Opus, and the Padron do best with lots of rest and are on the fuller side.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    james40:
    I have my 12th Wedding anny coming up and I'm going to order myself a nice cigar or two. Essentially, I'm looking to treat myself for once and I need help with what to get. I've never had a super prem. so it's wide open, as they say.

I'm leaning towards:

1. Carlito GOF
    2. 1926/64 Padron
    3. Opus X L.C.
    4. Maybe an Ashton ???.

One thing to consider is that I don't want to keep these for a month or two in my humi to risk any kind of damage. I want to smoke them failry quickly after receiving them. I also want to get something I will enjoy and being a beginner, I'm not sure if I'm ready for some sticks. Thanks for the help.
    All excellent choices, I would treat yourself to a Padron 1926 40th maduro, tobacco is aged for 5 years on these bad boys, if you are wanting something a little less pricey then a Padron 1964 anny Imperial...
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Diamondog:
    james40:

I'm leaning towards:

1. Carlito GOF
    2. 1926/64 Padron
    3. Opus X L.C.
    4. Maybe an Ashton ???.

All excellent choices, I would treat yourself to a Padron 1926 40th maduro, tobacco is aged for 5 years on these bad boys, if you are wanting something a little less pricey then a Padron 1964 anny Imperial...
    The Carlito GOF Tubos I just got come with 3 years of age on them also, so there's another option for ya! Congrats on the anniversary man, thats a helluva accomplishment in this day & age...

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I wasn't particularly impressed with the GOF Carlito, the Don Carlos is far better imo. The Padron 1964 Imperial is a fine cigar, I'd highly recommend it. In addition, I'd also suggest looking into Davidoff or Avo for a nice cigar, specifically Avo Compa
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    j0z3r:
    I wasn't particularly impressed with the GOF Carlito, the Don Carlos is far better imo.
    +1 - my sentiments as well.

Can't comment on the other sticks since I haven't tried them
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    If ur worried about full bodied but still want to enjoy a premium id go davidoff but u should be fine with a Padron Anny. Or Fam. Reserve.