Home General Discussion
Options

GOT SCREWED!!!!

Hey guys I just received my end of the trade from phobicsquirrel. We made this trade at the beginning of December but it is not his fault at all that I did not get it until now, the shipping was late then I left on vacation for five weeks. When I finally got the package I was so happy and could not wait to open it the deal was I would give him a Nub Habano, Nub Maduro, Tatuaje Black, Oliva “V” Maudro 2010, and three Man O’ War Armadas. In return he would give me a Gurkha Beauty and the Cinco Vegas Limitad 2008 Ashtray box. I opened up the package and this is what I saw three broken cigars, and the broken ashtray. All of this was packed amazing with five plastic bags and two paper towels. Here are the pictures from the package. He reassured me before he sent it that it was wrapped and nothing would happen. I am just so shocked that this happened after I hooked him up he couldn’t even take the time to wrap it so it would not brake. I am not going to tell you guys not to trade with him but you make your own decision. Some of the cigars Photobucket Packing material Photobucket The Box Photobucket Great smokes Photobucket More great smokes Photobucket More Great Smokes Photobucket . The only thing I got that might be good if they are not to dried out from being in a package for six weeks with no humi pillows or anything. Photobucket

Comments

• Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Hopefully it was insured. :(
  • Options
    nikostewart:
    Hopefully it was insured. :(
    I am not a 100% sure but it does not say anywhere on the box that is insured just a tracking number.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Looks more like the shipping damage to me. Dont think you should blame the shipper and should have done this in a PM first before posting. First you say its not his fault then you blame him....?? Hope you guys work it out, PS is a stand up BOTL.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Understand that this is upsetting, but, I recommend that you and the squirrel work this out privately. It would be good for you two and good for the rest of the forum. I have no desire to see two BORKs argue on the forum.

To comment on your situation, this seems like a fluke. Squirrel has been a pretty regular trader on this forum and I've never seen a complaint. No taking sides here, just telling you what the general opinion has been of Pheebs.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Christian_Sapp:
    Hey guys I just received my end of the trade from phobicsquirrel. We made this trade at the beginning of December but it is not his fault at all that I did not get it until now, the shipping was late then I left on vacation for five weeks. When I finally got the package I was so happy and could not wait to open it the deal was I would give him a Nub Habano, Nub Maduro, Tatuaje Black, Oliva “V” Maudro 2010, and three Man O’ War Armadas. In return he would give me a Gurkha Beauty and the Cinco Vegas Limitad 2008 Ashtray box. I opened up the package and this is what I saw three broken cigars, and the broken ashtray. All of this was packed amazing with five plastic bags and two paper towels. Here are the pictures from the package. He reassured me before he sent it that it was wrapped and nothing would happen. I am just so shocked that this happened after I hooked him up he couldn’t even take the time to wrap it so it would not brake. I am not going to tell you guys not to trade with him but you make your own decision. Some of the cigars Photobucket Packing material wow...sorry to see this happen man. Photobucket The Box Photobucket Great smokes Photobucket More great smokes Photobucket More Great Smokes Photobucket . The only thing I got that might be good if they are not to dried out from being in a package for six weeks with no humi pillows or anything. Photobucket
    sorry to see this happen buddy, that's crazy

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    zeebra:
    Looks more like the shipping damage to me. Dont think you should blame the shipper and should have done this in a PM first before posting. First you say its not his fault then you blame him....
    I did send him a pm before and no to me it looked like the shippers fault I am not sure if you saw the packing material he used but it offered no protecting from the box and cigars braking.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    Understand that this is upsetting, but, I recommend that you and the squirrel work this out privately. It would be good for you two and good for the rest of the forum. I have no desire to see two BORKs argue on the forum.

To comment on your situation, this seems like a fluke. Squirrel has been a pretty regular trader on this forum and I've never seen a complaint. No taking sides here, just telling you what the general opinion has been of Pheebs.
    Yeah I agree I did send him a PM but I had to show this I just lost over 80 dollars in cigars and what I got was nothing i looked at the beauty and the diesel and they are so dried out i am not to hopeful that they will re-humidify but i am hoping.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Sorry, but you need to give him a chance to respond to your PM before posting in the open forum. I realize you're upset but that's not cool.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I've traded with Phebes and had no issues at all.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    personally I could do without threads like this.

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Besides the spam-bot posts a few weeks ago, this is the worst form I've ever seen on this otherwise awesome forum. Please handle this one-on-one.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    sirfoster83:
    personally I could do without threads like this.

Just my opinion.
    +1
    and regardless of how it was packed what state did you expect them to be in after 5weeks.
    urgh im not getting involved. sort it out via pm
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Squirrel is a good guy no doubt. After talking to him, explaining, seeing if he can do something or anything to make it right----THEN maybe say something. Hes been here foreverand Im sure not against admitting his mistake if there was in fact one. Again-----all avenues exhausted, then say something. But not until he has a chance to say something also. Not getting into the "newbie" stuff----but he has been here quite a long time---alot of us can vouch for him---just keep it in mind man. Addiitonally, I am sorry for your losses, and Im sure somethign can be made good.....but 5 weeks is a long time, I think anyone can be guilty of misssing a humi pillow here and there.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Poor decision to air this out before trying to resolve it via PM.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I've had my differences with Pheebs in the political threads, but I gotta agree with the other guys; try to sort it out via PM's instead of airing it on the forums like this. Pheebs has a lot of good trades with a lot of BOTL's for a long time, and given that history, this looks like a fluke.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Just deal with it via PM. We only need to know IF you can't work it out.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    oh man... this thread is gonna become about 12 pages isn't it...
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    just a note to agree with echo every one elses sentiment. This is a private matter. I feel like the couple next to me in the restaurant is fighting......and I just came to eat dinner......awwwwkward
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    and just for the record on my part. If I ever traded with someone and then let the package that they send out sit for 6 weeks in my mailbox....or wherever it was, well lets just say I wouldn't expect for anything to be good. I send cigars to be back in a humi in a few days, not a month and a half.

I feel like you have to take some of the blame for this
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    letsgowithbob:
    and just for the record on my part. If I ever traded with someone and then let the package sit for 6 weeks in the mailbox....or wherever it was, well lets just say I wouldn't expect for anything to be good. I send cigars to be back in a humi in a few days, not a month and a half.

that's why it's always good to put water pillows in your packages so you dont have the dried out cigar problem ;)
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    ellinas:
    letsgowithbob:
    and just for the record on my part. If I ever traded with someone and then let the package sit for 6 weeks in the mailbox....or wherever it was, well lets just say I wouldn't expect for anything to be good. I send cigars to be back in a humi in a few days, not a month and a half.

that's why it's always good to put water pillows in your packages so you dont have the dried out cigar problem ;)
    I'm not even sure a water pillow would have helped after a month and a half.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Maybe? Depends on if it sat at the post office or outside, at the PO I'd say yes...
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Maybe? Depends on if it sat at the post office or outside, at the PO I'd say yes...
    Ya, if it was outside there is no way they would survive.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    sorry to hear...I'm sure things will work out...from what I've seen, pheebs seems to be a stand-up guy. See if things will work out...
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    ellinas:
    letsgowithbob:

I know it's a little off topic, but I agree with you...I always put waterpillows in all of my trades. I don't make a big deal out of it if I'm receiving cigars, but I am real **** about sending cigars and it just gives me peave of mind by putting some kind of humi pack with any cigars I send...weird how that works, I'd just hate to see somebody get dried out cigars for some reason ;)
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even want to get involved with this but Squirrel is on the good guy list a million times and has been here forever. You make a trade and for whatever reason the package sits 5 or 6 weeks if I read the first post right. As far as stick condition I say that would be your fault for not making better arrangements. Packaging material wise, you have to be prepared for the worst when shipping and that is up to the shipper. All of that aside everyone here made a lot of good statements I agree with. You should have privately taken steps to resolve this instead of airing it here. If you did you didn't make that point very well in your post.
  • Options
    letsgowithbob:
    and just for the record on my part. If I ever traded with someone and then let the package that they send out sit for 6 weeks in my mailbox....or wherever it was, well lets just say I wouldn't expect for anything to be good. I send cigars to be back in a humi in a few days, not a month and a half.

Yes that is why i told him that when we were doing the trade that I am leaving so please make sure I get my package before I leave, he did not do that but i did not care because the main thing I wanted was the box.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    I don't even want to get involved with this but Squirrel is on the good guy list a million times and has been here forever. You make a trade and for whatever reason the package sits 5 or 6 weeks if I read the first post right. As far as stick condition I say that would be your fault for not making better arrangements. Packaging material wise, you have to be prepared for the worst when shipping and that is up to the shipper. All of that aside everyone here made a lot of good statements I agree with. You should have privately taken steps to resolve this instead of airing it here. If you did you didn't make that point very well in your post.
    there were better arrangements made he was supposed to send it by a certain day, i do not remember the certain day but it is all saved in the pms sent back an fourth, and he waited to long and i had to leave to go home from college.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    completely agreed with cabby on this one. I have done numerous trades with him and he is a great BOTL.
  • Options
    All of you guys say that i should not have posted this on here, but how would you feel if this happened to you? You also say this is a fluke but how is wrapping a porcelain box in a plastic bag a fluke when it brakes? If you guys still do not feel the same way I do I am sorry for posting this.