Home General Discussion
Options

Humi help, i think

Hey all, I have a 150 count humi that is 3/4 way full of sticks. It has one 4 humi gel jar and two extra shipping packets in there; this sucker as been rocketing up to 78 % Humidity. How bad is this and what can I do? its a digital hydro.. Battery? Thanks..

Comments

• Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    pull out ur extra shipping packets and get sum beads instead of the gel! lol
  • Options
    MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    Bump!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    start by calibrating your hygro, use the search to find out how to do that if you need. After that, take Joey's advice and get humidity beads. There are a couple places to get them, you can PM me if you want that info. 3/4 full is about optimum for maintaining stable humidity in a decent sized humi like you have, so as long as you keep buying sticks to fill that bad boy you are doing at least one thing right!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I'd try to find out the RH in your house. You may not even need anything this time of year in South Florida.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    undulac:
    I'd try to find out the RH in your house. You may not even need anything this time of year in South Florida.
    This is very solid advice. I have to dry out my beads in the summer here in central NC because we average about 85% humidity. The ambient humidity plays a pretty good role in the performance of your humidifying unit.
  • Options
    MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    good advise..thanks
    For now, I took the Jar out of the box.

I have a few sticks in the top trey w/o the cellophane on them and the sticks are quite spongy. This can't be good and will certainly give burn issues.
    What else does High humidity cause?