Home General Discussion
Options

GOF Deal...?

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
I'm confused. Only $1 savings?? Is this an error?

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=805

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Not even. $.05.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    demand is high?
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Not even. $.05.
    So the God of Fire 2010 LE Cutter Gift Set is the better deal? LOL. Save $1.05
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    You typically don't see too many deals on these sticks although over the last few months there have been a couple...
  • Options
    zeebra:
    rwheelwright:
    Not even. $.05.
    So the God of Fire 2010 LE Cutter Gift Set is the better deal? LOL. Save $1.05
    Personally, I would just buy a box and forget the cutter and lighter but that is just me.

I'm due to buy a box of each 2007, Toro and Double Corona. I try to make it a point to get each year. I got 2005 and 2006 covered.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    just buy Anejos. the pricing is amazing and the stick is better IMO
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Yeah, these are basically just MSRP?
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    dennisking:
    +1 A lot of people recommend doing what you just said.
  • Options
    Nick2021:
    dennisking:
    I haven't had a GoF that I really thought was better than an Anejo or OpusX.
  • Options
    SigCigSigCig Posts: 37
    dennisking:
    Nick2021:
    dennisking:

+2 Much, much prefer the Opus X.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    SigCig:
    dennisking:
    Nick2021:
    dennisking:
    +2 Much, much prefer the Opus X.
    is this due to the strength?
  • Options
    not really. I don't like the Cameroon wrapper on the one and I wasn't impressed with the Sumatra stick either. both had lots of tar buildup at the head and they had too much leather taste for my palate. The Opus is a richer blend for my palate. not necessarily strength but richer. The Anejo has that same full rich flavor but with the added smoothness that the wrapper gives.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    interesting.

youd think that with all the cigars that i have had in my life the GoF would have been one of them. i have a few. just never seemed to break them out. maybe when it gets warm out.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    interesting.

youd think that with all the cigars that i have had in my life the GoF would have been one of them. i have a few. just never seemed to break them out. maybe when it gets warm out.
    I look forward to seeing your notes on this stick. Your palate is better than mine. To me, the Opus and Anejo are King of the Fuente line. I would like to try a Don Carlos Anniversary to see how it stacks with the others. Either way, it seems the key here is the Dominican tobacco from the Opus X plantation. Whether it's the wrapper or filler and binder, the cigars made with it are great.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    kuzi16:
    interesting.

I look forward to seeing your notes on this stick. Your palate is better than mine. To me, the Opus and Anejo are King of the Fuente line. I would like to try a Don Carlos Anniversary to see how it stacks with the others. Either way, it seems the key here is the Dominican tobacco from the Opus X plantation. Whether it's the wrapper or filler and binder, the cigars made with it are great.
    I smoke a lot of cigars, obviously. I can honestly say this, the Opus even aged for a few years still kicks my ass. I have a hard time making out flavors because it is so strong, at least for me. The Anejo is great though. I like the GoF but the Don Carlos blend really did it for me. I had one almost 2 years ago that I wanted to go on for ever. I have only had one since but I wasn't feeling well AND... that was the weekend my house was robbed so I can't say that it was as good as the previous one.
  • Options
    I usually order a box of GoF each year and sometimes try to order two, 1 of each blend. Well since I didn't order any in 2010 I ordered 2 this year. 1 2007 DC Toro and 1 2007 Carlito Double Corona. Both I believe are new sizes for the 2007 release. My last order was October 2009 for a box of the DC Robusto.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    interesting.

I've got two boxes of GoF...don't get me wrong, I do enjoy them...but if I had the choice between Anejos and GoF, I'd go with Anejo. I love Opus as well, but they seem to require a good amount of age on them.