Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Ave Maria

2»

Comments

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't dig the Ave Maria. Band was kinda cool and I wanted to like it but it just didn't do anything for me.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    The Kid:
    Im beginning to think that the vitola is playing a big part in these sticks
    it does. A lot. I have 5 dif vitolas of them in my humi currently, and they all taste like totally dif blends. None are bad, but not all are great, like the St. George and Crusader... those are my 2 favorites so far. Great cigars.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I recently had the Ave Maria in the Clermont size (5.5 x 45) and was a little disappointed in it. It tasted like leather, leather and more leather. I guess if you like leather than it would be great but for me that is probably my least favorite flavor out of all the flavors tobacco has to offer.

I have four more of those so I'll definitely be revisiting them and I also have some in the corona size which I haven't tried yet but so far...not impressed.
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    I hated mine. I smoked the first a month after putting it in my humi. Burned unevenly, tasted like dirt, tangy tobacco, and something gross I couldnt put my finger on. my next was after 3 months of aging. Same, on better burning. my last one was after 8 months of aging... Still that tangy, uncomplex, odd taste to it. I have another 2 in my humi, but im going to give them to a friend... He has no idea what a good cigar tastes like, so he won't mind. Even my herf buddies commented on the aweful smell. Only stick ive ever thrown away after smoking just over half.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieger:
    I hated mine. I smoked the first a month after putting it in my humi. Burned unevenly, tasted like dirt, tangy tobacco, and something gross I couldnt put my finger on. my next was after 3 months of aging. Same, on better burning. my last one was after 8 months of aging... Still that tangy, uncomplex, odd taste to it. I have another 2 in my humi, but im going to give them to a friend... He has no idea what a good cigar tastes like, so he won't mind. Even my herf buddies commented on the aweful smell. Only stick ive ever thrown away after smoking just over half.
    If it's "tangy" that would lead me to believe that the tobacco still has a significant amount of ammonia in it meaning it wasn't aged properly. Doesn't lend me to believe that I want to spend money on this then... Would that be correct? (Unproper aging that is)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Posts: 84 ✭✭
    I have found them to be inconsistent and the vitola has a big impact on the flavor. Aging them helps also. My favorites so far are the barbarossa and knights templar. I have had a few that were spectacular. I did not like the fatter sticks.
  • Options
    I didn't mind the stick I had, and it definately was better on the last third which added a bit of strength and complexity. That said, definately not worth the money they want for them, imho. Taste more like something I'd get cheap for a yard gar than anything at their price point.