Home Non Cigar Related

congratulations Obama

13»

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Wafflebob:
    We could try writing our senators about this.
    HA! thats funny. THe democrats have had it out for "big tobacco" (dont fool yourself, thats where they lump cigars) for decades. In their minds they are doing us a favor by making them more expensive. well be smoking less.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I realize that's where cigars get lumped, fairly or unfairly. However, as far as I can tell, "big tobacco" actually has been a pretty malign industry. I don't have any beef with people going after them.
  • Regardless the politicians vote the way they do based on what they think people are going to like. It's mostly the ant-tobacco groups that complain, the smokers typically roll over and take it without much complaint. It's possible if those of us who like tobacco become vocal and try to stand up for ourselves, we may win more votes. Quite a few politicians themselves are smokers, including Obama, although I've heard he's tried to cut back/quit in order to improve his image. It's not like it would hurt anything to write your congressman. The only possible outcomes are that it has no effect or that it sways them a bit.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Wafflebob:
    Regardless the politicians vote the way they do based on what they think people are going to like. It's mostly the ant-tobacco groups that complain, the smokers typically roll over and take it without much complaint.
    I can't stand ant-tobacco... Those little bastards can do some miraculous things, but they can't roll cigars for crap...
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Plus, they take jobs from humans.
  • rusirius:
    Wafflebob:
    Regardless the politicians vote the way they do based on what they think people are going to like. It's mostly the ant-tobacco groups that complain, the smokers typically roll over and take it without much complaint.
    I can't stand ant-tobacco... Those little bastards can do some miraculous things, but they can't roll cigars for crap...
    I know, they think they are so special just because their tobacco is aged in underground hives.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    lmao!!!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    but don't worry OBAMA is going to spread the wealth to the worker ants!
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    pretty interesting how this thread turned out, and no one caught on that it was a modified quote from star wars, 2 or 3, I dont remember.