Home General Discussion
Options

So who's gonna get hit by the BIG STORM ?

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    Rough ride to work this morning. A 20 minute drive took over an hour. The bad news is that my dad called me and wants me to pick him up at the Pittsburgh Airport tonight while we are supposed to get another wave of this crap. I pray the flight is cancelled. I'm sure he won't be upset that he'll have to spend another day where it's 75 degrees versus this stuff.
    ugh...u might wanna leave work a tad early today....lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    215 accidents yesterday morning alone with the crap we got in MN. the afternoon commute was garbage too. Had the pleasure of driving through Minneapolis and St. Paul in rush hour. Think it took a few years off my life! Luckily I had a nice Diesel Shorty to take the edge off!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Well, I have to go and rough this stuff to see my wife in the hospital. Wish me luck. I just hope she gets discharged before the big stuff tonight.......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    looks like 12-22 hear. Snow just started about 30 min or so ago. and im going to boston tonight for a linkin park concert. Taking the train though so wont have to drive.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    We didnt get much snow, but its -33 out, cars dont like to start at this temp.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Well, I have to go and rough this stuff to see my wife in the hospital. Wish me luck. I just hope she gets discharged before the big stuff tonight.......
    Best of luck buddy and drive safe, give my best to you wife my friend.
  • Options
    Were gettin it right now in CT snowin like a b!#$_h now suppose to change over to sleet and then more sleet and freezing rain tomorrow then changin back to snow....fannnntastic
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    We got missed for the most part from the first wave thank God I am tired of the crap. I have to go to Virgina tomorrow so I hope it holds off. The up side is I got rained out from work so we did not have to fined child care for the kids they have been sick for two weeks.
  • Options
    getting hammered now......northeast oklahoma.....penguins marching down the street now or what use to be the street....will be no smoking of the cigars for a few days anyway bummer...already 10inches with more on the way....drifts up to 4-5 ft......yea yea yea I know Okies are not prepared for this time of conditions...anyway things are on a state of shutdown......Snowmagedon is here!!!!!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    RaschNuts:
    looks like 12-22 hear. Snow just started about 30 min or so ago. and im going to boston tonight for a linkin park concert. Taking the train though so wont have to drive.
    That would be an awesome concert. I Love Linkin Park. My son got me listening to them a few years ago.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Yeah Lots of sleet here right now. Just started about 2 hours ago and the streets look awful but I am told they are not terrible yet but well on their way. Snow is expected to follow later tonight. Good luck to all of you that have to travel. As for me I am not moving from my house.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Hope you all stay safe and warm; never thought I would appreciate the rain here in Washington.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well the rain hit here last night around 11:00pm and sometime during the night the temp dropped and it turned to sleet. Around 5am I peaked out the window and saw that everything was one big white sheet of ice... Well the sheet grew until around 10am and it has pretty much been snowing ever since then. It's still only 19 degrees here the wind is blowing 30-40mph. What a fun day! lol At least we didn't lose power or anything like that. Hope everyone stays safe and warm today!
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    here in madison... we are gonna get it. dunno how bad though yet....
  • Options
    We got nothing. Well we do have a silent hill type fog. Wonder if I am going to get attacked by headless chicken type things on my run home.
  • Options
    The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Was suppose to fly to Cincinnati for work.. flight cancelled. Good news - don't have to travel through the storm... bad news - won't get to visit Straus Tobacco in Cincinnati, est 1880. Hmm maybe it will be rescheduled and I can go at a later date..
  • Options
    Snowing pretty good on nh. Rds suck but I'm half in the bag on a train to Boston for a concert so its cool till I het home at 2am and have to brush my car off
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    This is a house about a half mile away from mine. We had 3 feet of snow on our roof last wk end pre-this wk storm. Photobucket
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Well, I cant top cooch36's pic but here are a few I just took of what we've got going on in central Missouri right now....

First up, my 11 yr old daughter sitting on our front steps....

Next up, a shot from a second story window of my truck & driveway - note the absolute lack of anything even remotely resembling a road anywhere in the picture....

And all that adds up to this....

... in excess of 14 inches of snow so far (drifts are much deeper) and still coming down faster than we can shovel it. NUTS!!!

• Options
    MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    I will not shovel until late tonight after is stops. I did remove one drift from the back door so the dog can get out that was over 3 feet. Even my lab looks at me like "you want me to go out in that?".
  • Options
    MESKC:
    I will not shovel until late tonight after is stops. I did remove one drift from the back door so the dog can get out that was over 3 feet. Even my lab looks at me like "you want me to go out in that?".
    LOL Thats the only reason I shoveled this last time - at least a lab has a chance. IVE GOT A PUG!!! LOL I opened the door and the dog looked up at me like "Yeah, you cant kiss my a$$ too boss!" :-)

• Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Thought I was safe in TN. But I forgot that I had to fly to DC this week and now I'm sitting at the airport bar waiting for a flight that just keeps creeping further and further away! Aaarg!
  • Options
    Power just bumped - but luckily it came right back on! Keep your fingers crossed for us fellas...

• Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Yep its confirmed . No work for the rest of the week
  • Options
    GarheadGarhead Posts: 41
    Yeah, so you northern folks keep safe and warm up there. 25 years in Lake Ontario-fed snowbelt country in upstate central New York has taught me anything can happen!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    No snow here yet but everything has a nice coat of ice on it and its still sleeting. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    Picture didnt come out this time, but we are now just shy of 24 inches on the ground... which means that over the last two hours or so we have gotten an additional TEN INCHES, give or take.

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Well, I cant top cooch36's pic but here are a few I just took of what we've got going on in central Missouri right now....

I only ask 'cause I don't know...but do you guys typically get snow in Missouri? Never been there, never knew anyone from there.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    The Sniper:

I only ask 'cause I don't know...but do you guys typically get snow in Missouri? Never been there, never knew anyone from there.
    We do, but nothing like this - usually only an inch or two here and there. I havent seen snow like this since I was in Montana as a small child.

• Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    cooch36:
    This is a house about a half mile away from mine. We had 3 feet of snow on our roof last wk end pre-this wk storm. Photobucket
    You Boys got to get up there and shovel that crap off How bad can it hurt falling off a one story house into 3 feet of snow. Thats how it was here last year the worst I seen in years