Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte

So I know there is another thread on this stogie. But I though maybe to bring a fresh opinion. First off this was the Robusto 54 x 5.5 I had gotten with a PA Broadleaf Sampler. I am a fan of the PA Broadleaf so this was a no brainer for me to try. It had been resting in the humi probably 4 months. Appearance was a little rough but not bad and felt solid and lit up no problem. Draw was perfect and plenty of smoke. It started a little slow tastewise other than just tobacco flavor. Then a little further in it opened up nicely to some nice nutty flavors. The smoke was smooth and never harsh so I am excited to see how this stogie matures over time. I would probably rate this an 88.

Comments

• Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I really love this stick
    I have smoked plenty. The burn is always good and the smoke output is great.

I think the crisp tobacco taste on the front is good, then it mellows to espresso/cocoa/toasty and a great light sweetness on the finish.
    I sometimes get an oaky flavor note and other times not. I think 88 is a fair rating.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I think this stick shines best in the Belicoso or the Churchill I've had a few Robusto's and to me you get better flavor profiles from previous said vitolas.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I think both of those opinions are a fair assessment of this cigar. I find them enjoyable
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I just ordered a box of the Beliscoso and I am looking forward to them. A little rest and they will be good to go!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    These things are delicious. I've had every vitola including the salomon and they are all good. Personally I enjoy the robusto and the toro in most cigars and this line is no different. I would have given it a little higher than 88 though just because it suits my tastes so well.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    I've seriously got to try these one of these days.