Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Review: Morro Castle Toro

A very solid smoke. Great flavors of nuts and wood, which formed the core of a very memorable flavor profile. Construction was top-notch. I need to get more of these.

Full review is at wbfiller.

Comments

• Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    While I have not had the Toro, I am a fan of Morro Castle and I think your thoughts are right on. Great smoke with great flavor and very reasonable pricing.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I did the belicoso and wished it was longer when it nubbed and burnt my fingers. That last third was extremely tasty. Next time I will ge a larger/longer vitola
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I am happy to see this thread and hear such great reviews, as I got a steal on a box of Belicoso's and was gonna let them sit till end of march beginning of april since its so damn cold here . Now I really cant wait to torch one of these guys up.................
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Yeah weather not withstanding, they are good to go right off the truck. I think these are a very under the radar stick. One of my good discoveries this year.
  • Options
    like these morning and night. I stormed the ramparts of Morro Castle at 5:30 am.
  • Options
    GarheadGarhead Posts: 41
    Indeed the toros so far are a nice stick for the price. Another great AJ blend.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    like these morning and night. I stormed the ramparts of Morro Castle at 5:30 am.
    You came, you saw, you conquered.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had one of these on the ride home. Very tasty! (did remind me of the A.Fernandez Sumatra)

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    stephen_hannibal:
    Had one of these on the ride home. Very tasty! (did remind me of the A.Fernandez Sumatra)

agreed...
  • Options
    robbyras:
    stephen_hannibal:

agreed...
    I agree to a point but it was a notch up in flavor from the signature sumatra
  • Options
    GarheadGarhead Posts: 41
    stephen_hannibal:

Wow, totally +1 on that! Nice catch sh.....
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Check out the Daily Deal.