Home General Discussion
Options

I had a minute

CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
I just received a PM from Kas, so I thought I would stop and check in (not that anyone cares). The bird hunting has been tough but steady this year. Each bird taken, has been well deserved. The dogs have been working their tails off, and have the scars and injuries to prove it. They are still always ready to go! lol They are all in prime shape and condition, and according to the GPS collars they wear, averaging between 10-15 miles a day, each. They are all seasoned gundogs now, all around the age of 3-4 years old. I have aquired a few new double guns, the most recent a beautiful 28ga (not that I need to handicap myself anymore than I am). I have been enjoying and going through tons of cigars, mostly PC and short robusto sizes. Still smoke the pipes at the end of the day while I add my hunting journal entries after dinner. Nothing is more relaxing and rewarding after a hard day in the grouse woods than a nice pipe filled with my favorite English blend. I hope all is well on the forum, and that you are all getting along and behaving yourselves. If anyone is looking for a vacation and a guided bird hunting trip, hit me up with a PM and let's make it happen. Gotta head to bed, I got to get up early and get the meat in the smoker for a little get together we are having here tomorrow. Good night and enjoy the smokes! Capt

Comments

• Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Capt, I'd really love to come up there for some hunting, but I really doubt I can make it this season.

I just bought my first double gun, the Beretta 686 I have been drooling over for about 5 years. It's in California so I won't actually get my hands on it until I go home for Christmas. Now I can relegate my Mossy pump to beater/loaner/home defense like it was originally intended.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    capt, i grew up hunting and i dont get out to do it much anymore. maybe next season we can make something happen. the only problem i have is that i am unable to bring the meat home due to religious dietary restrictions.(my wife and i keep kosher in the house) I would have to leave you with the meat or eat it there.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Capt, I didn't realize you did guided bird trips. I may have to see if my buddies want to check out the grouse hunting in michigan. I just got back from a bird trip to Gettysburg. We hunted pheasant, chucker and quail with one of the finest dogs I've ever seen in action, a 2-year-old pudelpointer. Do you have a web site or anything? I've love to get some more info.
  • Options
    CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Luko, I don't really guide, I just take friends out over my dogs. I have taken quite a few people out, but I am very choosy who goes, and of course there are strict safety guidelines that need to be followed. Because, to me, my dogs are my kids. Their safety is priotiry 1. As a matter of fact, I guided for Alex a few years back, and he shot his first ruffed grouse over my lab. Let me tell ya, Alex is a great shot. I hope all is well with everyone, I will try to stop back soon. I am headed back up the 14th for deer (bird season closes during firearm season) and I will be back up most of December. I will try to pop in and see how everyone is doing.