Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

rocky patel legend series

how do they taste? do they live up to the rp name?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If being completely mediocre is living up to the RP name, and I think it is, then yes. In my opinion, the Cusano, Camacho and La Aurora blends are the shining stars of the Legend line. The Graycliff would be among those if more than 1/5 smoked worth a damn.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    millennium115:
    how do they taste? do they live up to the rp name?
    Stav, PM your addy to me, I'm sure it is here somewhere, and I'll send you a couple so you can try them for yourself.
  • Options
    thanks guys, and pm to u bandy....thanks brotha
  • Options
    RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    j0z3r:
    If being completely mediocre is living up to the RP name, and I think it is, then yes. In my opinion, the Cusano, Camacho and La Aurora blends are the shining stars of the Legend line. The Graycliff would be among those if more than 1/5 smoked worth a damn.

jOz3r, how is the Pepin blend in that line? I have never had a bad Pepin Smoke. Isn't Padron available in that line as well?

-Regards and Long Ashes!
  • Options
    RoyalCigars:
    j0z3r:

jOz3r, how is the Pepin blend in that line? I have never had a bad Pepin Smoke. Isn't Padron available in that line as well?

-Regards and Long Ashes!
    Honestly, I didn't think it was up to the standard of most of his blends. Not bad by any stretch, but not his strongest effort by far. And no, Padron doesn't make a Legends blend, Perdomo does and it's pretty nice, I had forgotten that one.
  • Options
    Erm, so do you think RP sticks are mediocre or have a standard to uphold? If the former, I'll trade off some smokes for any RP's you might have at the herf :p I'm a fairly solid RP fan.

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    drpepperdude:
    Erm, so do you think RP sticks are mediocre or have a standard to uphold? If the former, I'll trade off some smokes for any RP's you might have at the herf :p I'm a fairly solid RP fan.

If you are interested in the RP Legends, I'll bring a couple of them to the herf for you (gratis). Just let me know.
  • Options
    drpepperdude:

I'm just busting on RP for the most part. I don't personally like a lot of RP blends, I think they're bland and lack complexity, but that's how my palate interprets them. There are a few RP blends I really like, the Sungrown for one, OWR maduro, Edge maduro, Patel Bros, Vintage '99. I'll see if I can dig up some RP cigars to bring you at the herf.
  • Options
    i luv the 1999.... all i try to smoke is the 6x 60,.,..... delish!!
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    If you are interested in the RP Legends, I'll bring a couple of them to the herf for you (gratis). Just let me know.
    Yeah, I'd like to try one. With a name like that, gotta see what RP is trying to do.

j0z3r:
    There are a few RP blends I really like, the Sungrown for one, OWR maduro, Edge maduro, Patel Bros, Vintage '99. I'll see if I can dig up some RP cigars to bring you at the herf.
    I've got an OWR maduro that I'm gong to try this week, and '99 is always a good bet. Edge doesn't seem to sell well at local B&M and staff said they are cheaper grade but are okay smokes. RP makes it sound like it will blow you away.
    Also going to re-visit 1990 and 1992 vintage now that my palate is receptive to maduros... but I gotta say - if you like sweet and spicy maduros - that new San Lotano maduro is yummy and if the Olde Temecula Smoke Shop doesn't carry them I can bring some from another B&M. I'm committing to a box purchase.

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    drpepperdude:
    RP makes it sound like it will blow you away.
    He does that with all his cigars. He's a really good marketer. Those sticks Joe mentioned are the ones I like as well. When I first got into cigars I loved his stuff. I bought tons of it, but as my palate developed and I tried more and more cigars his stuff kind of fell by the wayside for me. I also don't like how his blends will just change all of a sudden. 1990, Decade, etc.
  • Options
    What is the legend series?
  • Options
    RaschNuts:
    The house blends of another online cigar site.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    RaschNuts:
    That one International place that only ships to the US, right? Stick out tongue [:P]
  • Options
    lol, u got it papa.....lol
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    RaschNuts:
    That one International place that only ships to the US, right? Stick out tongue [:P]
    Hah, that's the one.