Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Gurkha Black Dragon Robusto

JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
I got this stick from SmokySuit (thanks!) and it had been resting since August 20th, 2010. Solid construction, very toothy wrapper. Not an overly complex stick, but a very consistent stick throughout. Sweet, spicy, had that typical "maduro flavor" that I enjoy. I'm a maduro lover so this stick was just my type. Had it with some Guinness (finally found a bar with Guinness on draft here).

More importantly, what do you guys think of this stick?

Happy smoking.

Light 'em up.

Comments

• Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    I think your spot on. Sweet, spicy, classicly maduro flavor with a solid construction. Glad you enjoyed it.
  • Options
    i had one about a month or so ago i thought it pretty decent flavor wise but the draw was too open like it wasnt packed that tight
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    smokeater187:
    i had one about a month or so ago i thought it pretty decent flavor wise but the draw was too open like it wasnt packed that tight
    Thats just the draw from the 2 boxes Ive smoked all of them have had a great draw (open) with a TON of smoke. The construction is perfect with heft.
  • Options
    Yea it was my first smoke with a draw that open and lots of smoke with minimal effort....it was good but that's what I remember the most
  • Options
    Wow that is interesting, the one I had was packed pretty tight and the draw was a bit on the tight side. Still produced lots of thick smoke, though.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Nice stick, I haven't had the robusto though. I'm glad you liked this stick, I like it as well but I don't think it's the best of the line. If you liked the black dragon I'm sure you'll really like say the red dragon or even the dragon fury or fire. The green is good as well. I personally think the dragon fire and red dragon is the best of the line.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    What's a good length of time to age these? I have a few resting right now with about a month on them. I don't wanna jump into them too early.
  • Options
    I smoked the robusto ROTT, I have another one or two in different sizes that have been in the humi for some time now. Honestly, ROTT the fine, I'll be curious to see how the others taste with age on them.

Thanks for the recommendations, phobic, so far I've liked all the Gurkhas that I've tried.
    Light 'em up.