Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

2011 BORK Baseball League

yeah... it's early but Pitchers and Catchers are reporting next week, so I thought I'd get this baby rolling...

The buy-in is at least 5 sticks (but I'm hoping more like 7-10) and since this is a 5 month process, let's not include any cheapies... It a lot of work and I want the winners to get some good stuff... Sticks will be sent out after the season, but I'm going to earmark a few to send to the winner... separate them out in my humi and let them get a few months of rest

As for the rules, we will be using Yahoo and I'm thinking Head to Head with playoffs and the standard scoring categories: Runs, HR, RBI, SB, .AVG and Wins, Saves, K, .ERA and .WHIP... I'm ok with rotisserie style if enough guys want to do that... I just think head to head is more fun

as far as joining, the standard rules apply... over 100 posts, good traders list, etc.... If you don't meet those criteria, there is plenty of time to get your rep built since we won't draft until mid March...

So lets get this going:
1. Robbyras
2. RaschNuts
3. Smoke em if you got em
4. Kreig
5. JZ
6. RIPP
7. Matt Marvel
8. Mperconte

Comments

• Never done a baseball league before only football. But what the hell ill play for sticks. As far as league set up and play i dont care or know enough for whats best.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    RaschNuts:
    Never done a baseball league before only football. But what the hell ill play for sticks. As far as league set up and play i dont care or know enough for whats best.
    Nice as long as you're committed to be active and manage you're team, you're in!
  • robbyras:
    RaschNuts:
    Never done a baseball league before only football. But what the hell ill play for sticks. As far as league set up and play i dont care or know enough for whats best.
    Nice as long as you're committed to be active and manage you're team, you're in!
    I need something to do at work
    RaschNuts:
    robbyras:
    RaschNuts:
    I need something to do at work
    HA! love it... you're in... only 10 to go
  • Never played anything like this before. How does it work?
    Standard Fantasy baseball rules... you draft a team and your players accumulate stats... the team with the best stats wins...

that's the down and dirty explanation... check out this link...

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/95009/516
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like fun, but I don't wanna give away my 2 armadas! (I only have 2, lol) what if we set a dollar amount for a couple of them?

"Long ashes my friends."

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baseball!! I'm in!
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    With the amount of sticks and super premiums required it would be pretty high in terms of cost in relation to last years $25 buy in. Just my opinion though.
    as far as the buy-in, I'm flexible... I know last year people shied away because it was a cash game, so I figured sticks might be a better option...

as far as the quality of sticks, I just think it should be a little more than a 5 pack... my reasoning is that this will take 6 months and a fair amount of attention, so whoever wins should be pretty well rewarded...but I'm up for whatever... so please make suggetsions
    smoke em if you got em:
    Baseball!! I'm in!
    you're in!
  • robbyras:
    as far as the buy-in, I'm flexible... I know last year people shied away because it was a cash game, so I figured sticks might be a better option...

as far as the quality of sticks, I just think it should be a little more than a 5 pack... my reasoning is that this will take 6 months and a fair amount of attention, so whoever wins should be pretty well rewarded...but I'm up for whatever... so please make suggetsions
    I think 5 is fair. The guys joined so far im sure wont send just 5 to the winner cause we all know we cant count.
    RaschNuts:
    robbyras:

I think 5 is fair. The guys joined so far im sure wont send just 5 to the winner cause we all know we cant count.
    lol, +1 I'm also in favor of this idea. I also agree 6 months is a lot of effort and time and if you do end up winning, some good sticks ought to be in the mix. I'm not saying go out and buy a 5pk of Opus or anything like that, I'm just saying people shouldn't cheap out and just send the winner a bunch of $3 or $4 cigars......anyways, I'm tired of rambling. If you do Yahoo Fantasy, count me in...it will be easier to keep up w/ my other 2 leagues that way since they're already yahoo fantasy teams.

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    RaschNuts:
    robbyras:

lol, +1 I'm also in favor of this idea. I also agree 6 months is a lot of effort and time and if you do end up winning, some good sticks ought to be in the mix. I'm not saying go out and buy a 5pk of Opus or anything like that, I'm just saying people shouldn't cheap out and just send the winner a bunch of $3 or $4 cigars......anyways, I'm tired of rambling. If you do Yahoo Fantasy, count me in...it will be easier to keep up w/ my other 2 leagues that way since they're already yahoo fantasy teams.
    agreed... the buy in a min of 5 sticks and no cheapies... we're all pretty generous when it comes to sticks like Rasch said... and lets go with yahoo... we were there last year and it worked fine... so Krieg is in
    bump

"Long ashes my friends."

• When do we normally do the draft? End of March?
    mid to late march is the plan... with guys all over the country, It can be hard to get everyone to a live draft, so I try to be flexible with the times... once we get around 10 guys, I'll throw out some dates and we'll go from there...
    I am in. Hopefully improving on my second place last year!
    JZ:
    I am in. Hopefully improving on my second place last year!
    SWEET! although the only way to improve on second place is to beat me... i'm not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE, but you ever seen pigs fly?

that puts us at 5... I KNOW we can get 5 more...

simplified buy in... just 5 sticks, so get involved!
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Havent done one in about 5 years....is scoring done daily or weekly? Points or record? Pardon my igorance, been a long year since college and fantasy (insert any sport known to man here)
  • Vulchor:
    Havent done one in about 5 years....is scoring done daily or weekly? Points or record? Pardon my igorance, been a long year since college and fantasy (Woman's Curling)
    Vulchor:
    Havent done one in about 5 years....is scoring done daily or weekly? Points or record? Pardon my igorance, been a long year since college and fantasy (insert any sport known to man here)
    It's a head to head league so It will be like football... you can change your lineup daily but the winner is based on the entire week...so your cumulative W-L record will determine if your in 1st, 2nd etc...

the goal is to have to divisions with 5 teams in each... the division winners will get first round Bye's going into the playoffs...

the scoring categories will be: Offense: Runs, HR, RBI, SB and AVG
    Pitching: W, K, SV, ERA and WHIP
    robbyras:
    Vulchor:
    It's a head to head league so It will be like football... you can change your lineup daily but the winner is based on the entire week...so your cumulative W-L record will determine if your in 1st, 2nd etc...

the goal is to have to divisions with 5 teams in each... the division winners will get first round Bye's going into the playoffs...

the scoring categories will be: Offense: Runs, HR, RBI, SB and AVG
    Pitching: W, K, SV, ERA and WHIP
    what about doubles, triples? Prado should be back this year...hehe ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• And Stike outs, walks, balls, HBP...
    strikeouts are a category for pitchers... I think it will be easier if we just stick to the basic 5x5 categories... if you guys want to go 6x6 I'd be ok with that... the pitching category I'd suggest adding is Holds and maybe SLG on Offense...
    Bump! Come on guys, we need 5 more players!!
    bump...

"Long ashes my friends."

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller
  • RippRipp Posts: 125
    Been super busy for the last couple months but always make time for some good fantasy. Im in Rob!
    sorry guys... i've had a HELL of a few weeks... and will probably be mia for 2 more... but the league is still on... keep em comin... RIPP!!!!!! I've missed you man! you're in!