Home General Discussion
Options

need help finding similar cigar

Ok, so the best (to me) and most tasty (to me) cigar I've had so far (and I've tried many many high and low rated ones) has been a little thing called

Don Lino Habanitos (the tin of 50 cigarillos)

I love the smell and taste of these things but they're just too small to provide a good smoke.

Does anyone know of another comparable smelling/tasting cigar in at least the Robusto size?
I have been unsuccessful locating anything similar to it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Because these cigars are made with the "left overs" from La Aurora cigars, you might start there. La Aurora is one of those brands that doesn't get a lot of talk, but everything that is said about them seems to be pretty positive. I've had a couple of their smokes and they were pretty decent. Also, for that traditional Dominican taste, try out Arturo Fuente Hemingway.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Evan on the La Aurora line, but IMHO for traditional Dominican flavor you'd be better served with Fuente's regular or sun grown line over the Hemingways. The sun-grown line is stronger of course, but they mellow out nicely with some age. That's just my opinion though, as everyone has their own tastes.

I know that don Lino makes larger sizes in that line as well, why not try calling in and asking a rep if they have them? Ccom doesn't post everything they have available on their website, so they may have it but you wouldn't know it.

• Options
    jekowjekow Posts: 12
    thanks for the advice guys,

If don lino made a large version of the habanito, that would be great.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to hijack Jekow's thread, but I have a similar question. From time to time, I like an infused cigar, especially the coffee flavored ones. I like the Tabak Especiale, but they are a little pricey.

I used to smoke the Legends from the evil twin, but I have been boycotting them for about 6 months. Is there a less expensive alternative to the Tabak, but still a decent coffee infused cigar? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    La Aurora, and Miami Cigar in general has been on fire lately, with the Guillermo Leon, the La Aurora 107 (especially the Lancero), and the Nestor Miranda Art Deco, all of which are amazing new(er) smokes from them.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    Not to hijack Jekow's thread, but I have a similar question. From time to time, I like an infused cigar, especially the coffee flavored ones. I like the Tabak Especiale, but they are a little pricey.

I used to smoke the Legends from the evil twin, but I have been boycotting them for about 6 months. Is there a less expensive alternative to the Tabak, but still a decent coffee infused cigar? Thanks in advance.
    Try the Isla Del Sol, which is also made by DE.